Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JPMKD
    • Mar 2016

Risto! Hindley Street and the Russians are good! I like the singing in both.
    I love that the Macedonian bass player plays a Yamaha. My son plays a vintage BB one as his main bass as well.

(On a side note re. SC. Not sure what a "repost" is and how I did it. (Late night browsing, lol)
    So I removed it as I didn't know what it meant or how I did it. And did not want to make a faux pas.)
    Last edited by JPMKD; 10-03-2020, 01:13 PM.
    Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
      Risto! Hindley Street and the Russians are good! I like the singing in both.
      I love that the Macedonian bass player plays a Yamaha. My son plays a vintage BB one as his main bass as well.

(On a side note re. SC. Not sure what a "repost" is and how I did it. (Late night browsing, lol)
      So I removed it as I didn't know what it meant or how I did it. And did not want to make a faux pas.)
      JP, the Yamaha made in Japan gear is world class and has been since the late 1960s in my opinion. I have one of their L series acoustics from the 70s which compares to my Martins easily. Top quality.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Phoenix
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
        A Russian cover band. My mind is blown. Every song they do is sonic perfection:
        As a tribute to the one of the greatest bands in the world!“Без 25 или без 26 минут 4” - Леонид и друзья (кавер-версия группы Чикаго) В знак признательности ...

PHENOMENAL
        Nice find Risto...will those golden days ever return or are we buried deep in the equivalent of a music dark-age...?

Comment

• Phoenix
          • Dec 2008

The Hindley Street Country Club is an Adelaide band. They showcase some of Adelaide's best musicians. The bass player is Macedonian and one of the two founders of the band. A cousin of mine. You will not be disappointed with any of their songs. They are set for major worldwide success and the internet made it happen. Incredible.

Just one song, but any song they cover is incredible:
          'SURE KNOW SOMETHING' (KISS classic) performed Live by the HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB feat Daniel LoprestoProduced by HSCCRecorded and mixed by@producernerd...

I like this...a really honest cover

'AFRICA' (TOTO Classic) performed Live by the HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB featuring Daniel LoprestoLead Vocals: Daniel LoprestoBacking vocals: Pina Del ReGui...
          Last edited by Phoenix; 10-05-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

• JPMKD
            • Mar 2016

JP, the Yamaha made in Japan gear is world class and has been since the late 1960s in my opinion. I have one of their L series acoustics from the 70s which compares to my Martins easily. Top quality.
            I agree on the Yamaha stuff. Nippon Gakki, Red Label stand out. I'd also include USA made Peavey products along with them for overlooked less expensive gear.
            . The bass I'm referring to is an BB1100S. Featured in a link or 2 upstream in the thread from some old post of mine. (Still no live music going here or I'd plug them again LOL)
            I'll post something else in a few days as well.
            Last edited by JPMKD; 10-05-2020, 11:01 AM.
            Not a Northadonian

Comment

• JPMKD
              • Mar 2016

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0V3fUpXOl8
              That's good too!
              (And a different Yamaha BB bass)
              Not a Northadonian

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

Nice find Risto...will those golden days ever return or are we buried deep in the equivalent of a music dark-age...?
                I think good music exists still. (Definitely not found easily though)
                But it will never be like the golden days. Musicians were searching for something new and constantly trying to find unique sounds and rhythms.

New popular music doesn't even change tempo and most popular songs even follow the exact same chord structure. It is truly pathetic and bland.

But in the darkest of times, there is always hope!
                Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                  • Sep 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0V3fUpXOl8
                  In contrast with the Russians, the Adelaide musos are actually playing live in their videos. Even songs I don't particularly like are refreshing to hear when performed by them.
                  Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JPMKD View Post
                    I agree on the Yamaha stuff. Nippon Gakki, Red Label stand out. I'd also include USA made Peavey products along with them for overlooked less expensive gear.
                    . The bass I'm referring to is an BB1100S. Featured in a link or 2 upstream in the thread from some old post of mine. (Still no live music going here or I'd plug them again LOL)
                    I'll post something else in a few days as well.
                    It's all in the marketing!
                    My best Stratocaster guitar is not even made by Fender. It is a Momose.
                    This is the guitar:
                    guitar, guitarist, guitar tone, electric guitar, demo, tutorial, rock music, metal, prs, paul reed smith, gibson, incredible, must see, amazing, best, fender, marshall, mesa boogie, momose, strat, fractal, ax8, axe-fx
                    Risto the Great

Comment

• Phoenix
                      • Dec 2008

I loved the HSCC's cover of Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' - but there was something missing...

'SUPERSTITION' (Stevie Wonder cover) performed Live by the HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB and Dino JagRecorded live at HOUSE of BAMBOO, South AustraliaProduced ...

Then I remembered...Stevie had Ron Jeremy on trumpet.

Risto, seeing the 'hedgehog' is facing 200 odd years in jail, there could be an opening for you...

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Evh

rip
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                          • Sep 2008

I loved the HSCC's cover of Stevie Wonder's 'Superstition' - but there was something missing...

'SUPERSTITION' (Stevie Wonder cover) performed Live by the HINDLEY STREET COUNTRY CLUB and Dino JagRecorded live at HOUSE of BAMBOO, South AustraliaProduced ...

Then I remembered...Stevie had Ron Jeremy on trumpet.

Risto, seeing the 'hedgehog' is facing 200 odd years in jail, there could be an opening for you...
                          Yeah, a bit of a subdued version. But, they made it their own kind of thing. After watching it, Youtube served me up this version by some brilliant guitarists:
                          ✨My tone presets: https://martinmiller.lnk.to/gumroad Listen on Spotify, Apple Music, etc: https://ffm.to/ultimate80smedley Support us & get TABs on: ht...

Dear Lord, they are brilliant.

On Ron Jeremy, it is indeed a tragedy to be remembered solely for your sexual exploits. It has been a curse of mine also for decades. I know the same issue impacts upon you as well, but I feel there is a clear distinction between us as your sexual encounters are limited to other creatures of the animal kingdom.
                          Risto the Great

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

This is great fun if you persist through to the guitar solos. Three different takes on the Stairway to Heaven solo finishing up with Eric Johnson giving it a go. Jimmy owns it in my opinion but you could feel the other dudes thinking things through,
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• JPMKD
                              • Mar 2016

It's all in the marketing!
                              My best Stratocaster guitar is not even made by Fender. It is a Momose.
                              This is the guitar:
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d92OC6x-QQU
                              No doubt. My Telecaster is MIM so to some not a "real" Tele.
                              Momose looks nice. I see where the factory is....explains much. Did you order Belgium or Japan?
                              Godin out of Canada is a solid midpriced brand. They make Seagull acoustics as well. They make an electric series called the session that seems perfect for bring one guitar or a solid studio change up. I like the the desert blue and sunburst sessions.

Our electric guitars are built to the highest standards of quality, comfort, reliability, and versatility. No matter what style of music you play, you’re sure to find a Godin guitar that will last you for years to come.

Evh

rip
                              One of the best for sure. The tributes will be rolling in.
                              I have have their last bar gig on digital if anyone needs it. It's out there it you do a search as well.
                              Last edited by JPMKD; 10-07-2020, 08:05 PM.
                              Not a Northadonian

Comment

• JPMKD
                                • Mar 2016

Here's the latest uploads from my favorite local Macedonian axe weilder

This is all acoustic instruments. The imbibing is evident in the timing, but it's "authentically" live.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

This a blues based rock thing. Likely the best lead tone this Macedonian maestro ( lol) has recorded yet. If you want to skip to the solo and outro it's the 3:30 mark and 4:50.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio
                                Last edited by JPMKD; 10-09-2020, 09:00 AM.
                                Not a Northadonian

Comment

Working...
                                X