X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

Assistance from the people of MTO in constructing a bibliography

So this might seem like an odd request but I have to write an assignment for University on why Democracy often fails to live up to its principles and one of my arguments is that it is due to foreign manipulation in the democratic processes of states, with the current situation in Macedonia as my example. I was hoping the people of this forum could help me in providing solid sources for my argument in how Soros and other foreign parties are medelling in Macedonia to further their own ambitions
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.
  • Albo
    • May 2014

Your barking up the wrong tree.. the whole Soros argument is simply a scapegoat to cover up the criminal operations of corrupt government officials...

A group of GOP senators is spreading false allegations from a shadowy organization and supporting the region’s corrupt and undemocratic forces.

Comment

• mklion
      • Jun 2014

Originally posted by Albo View Post
      Your barking up the wrong tree.. the whole Soros argument is simply a scapegoat to cover up the criminal operations of corrupt government officials...

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/28/...donia-albania/

Judicial watch just filed a lawsuit against the state department on this exact subject. Why would they do that if there was this is just a scapegoat?

Judicial Watch is in yet another legal battle on Wednesday as they announce they are suing the State Department and U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) for records that show nearly $5 million taxpayer dollars went towards political activities and funding for George Soros’ Open Society Foundation-Macedonia. The conservative watchdog group filed a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit against State and USAID after they both failed to respond to a February 16 FOIA request seeking records related to grants or payment authorizations, records of communication between State Dept.

Comment

• Albo
        • May 2014

Originally posted by mklion View Post
        Judicial watch just filed a lawsuit against the state department on this exact subject. Why would they do that if there was this is just a scapegoat?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...s-records.html

Well let's wait for the verdict then shall we...
        This is just full of speculation at the moment!

Comment

• mklion
          • Jun 2014

LoL ok if you say so

Comment

• Vangelovski
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
            So this might seem like an odd request but I have to write an assignment for University on why Democracy often fails to live up to its principles and one of my arguments is that it is due to foreign manipulation in the democratic processes of states, with the current situation in Macedonia as my example. I was hoping the people of this forum could help me in providing solid sources for my argument in how Soros and other foreign parties are medelling in Macedonia to further their own ambitions
            LM,

The Soros line of argument is probably the weakest one you could make and to be quite frank, I think its rubbish.

The real problem with democracy outside of the west is that the people who have recently adopted it neither understand it nor care for it. They have no understanding of democratic theory or tradition of democratic practice. Its just another buzz word and ultimately when you treat something as irrelevant or with outright contempt it will fail. You should look at the concept of Illiberal Democracies by Fareed Zakaria for example:

Also known as anocracies. There is quite a bit of literature out there. Don't hand in a baseless and non-nonsensical conspiracy theory. It will only get a fail - and for good reason.
            If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Philosopher
              • Sep 2008

My view on this is that democracy itself is one of the worst forms of government, and has been recognized as such by many of the great thinkers of history, including Plato, Aristotle, and some of the US Founders, including James Madison.

Yes, manipulation, and not just foreign, of the democratic process, is part of why democracy often fails.

There is plenty of information on the web about the dangers of NGOs on democracies, including those founded by Soros. NGOs are often covertly infiltrated by intelligence agencies and used to foment color revolutions.

You have to do the research.

Comment

• Gocka
                • Dec 2012

Sorry buddy but you really are barking up the wrong tree.

Let me ask you a question do you really believe in the thesis you are planning on presenting? Do you really believe that the reason it fails at times is really due to foreign meddling, or worse yet Soros?

If I may let me five you a suggestion on a better angle to play if you really want to talk about foreign meddling.

Frame the argument from the point of view that foreign meddling is only possible when a democracy is already weak, and the population is otherwise apathetic. Dig more into what causes democracies to become weak, then give examples of how in a weakened state they are left vulnerable to manipulation.

Comment

• Amphipolis
                  Banned
                  • Aug 2014

Think of Democracy as a football championship where there are reasonable rules and (ideally) every team has a fair chance to win.

Then everybody tries to break the rules and win anyway. This isn’t just about obvious tricks like bribing the referees or the opponent players.

It’s also about dominating when you have a lot of money since you can buy the best players. It is about conspiring and constantly changing the rules of the game (the way it fits you). Lastly, it’s about controlling and brutalizing the fans.

(That was about Greek Football Championship and Greek Democracy, your case may be different).

Comment

• Skolovranec
                    • Mar 2017

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/28/...donia-albania/
                    Soros is fingering Macedonia's ass for 27 years now. We're gonna get f*cked anytime now. How can you brush all that off that simply? Haven't you paid attention to the track record?

You mean financial speculation? Soros' forte? With which he crushes currencies if he pleases?

When you want to find something rotten, people usually say follow the money. And they do. Many of those paths lead to Macedonia. Do you have an explanation on why Soros has been so obsessed with the Balkans, especially Macedonia? He's been there all Lord Sidious-y since we became an independent Republic.
                    Last edited by Skolovranec; 06-09-2017, 10:49 AM. Reason: addendum
                    Anti-EU Pro-Guns National-Libertarian Trekkie Minarchist
                    Anti-NATO Pro-United MK Agnostic Secularist Magick Occultist
                    Anti-UN Pro-Military Meritocratic Integrationist Altruistic Socio-Darwinist
                    Anti-Globalist Pro-Choice Intellectual Pirate Spiritual Vagabond

Comment

Working...
                    X