X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wanderer
    • Nov 2009

Face and body characteristics

Since I was a little kid,I had a passion for history.Therefore,I liked a lot to stare at people-at their characteristics-and try to make a conclusion of them.From where they derive.For example,I had advanced a special method where I was predicting from where they origin.
    However,most of times I was wrong
    When I grown up,I realised that throught all the history of humanity,there has been so many mixtures between the nations,that it is almost impossible to find a result throughout that method.
    Many times,there are many differences in people of the same nation-in all kind of characteristics.
    Its the century that you can find Asians in America and Africans in Europe.
    What do you think?
  • Soldier of Macedon
    • Sep 2008

This is true, but in the same token, most people look generally similar if they are from the same region and/or ethnicity, except in cases where there have been large influxes of people not native to the region and/or ethnicity in question.

An interesting case is that of Greece. Around the time of the war of independence, the Hellenic Kingdom had a population of approx. 800,000 people.

The first Greek Constitution made the following definition of a Greek, which can basically apply to any person who is a Christian, who descends from anywhere in the world:
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...t=constitution

Greeks are:
    - All those indigenous people of the Greek State who believe in Christ.
    - All those, believers in Christ, who under the Ottoman slavery, came or they will come to the Greek State to struggle or to reside in it.
    - All those aliens, who come and enrol as citizens.
    A few decades later, and the following observation is made by Edmond About:
    http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum...story%2C+Truth

Athens, twenty-five years ago, was only an Albanian village. The Albanians formed, and still form, almost the whole of the population of Attica; and within three leagues of the capital, villages are to be found where Greek is hardly understood. Athens has been rapidly peopled with men of all kinds and nations..........Albanians form about one-fourth of the population of the country; they are in majority in Attica, in Arcadia, and in Hydra..….
    So as a result of the huge influx of Christians from all over Europe and other places, who automatically became 'Greek' regardless of their origins, the ethnic make-up of places like Athens begins to change. And from an Albanian village only a few decades before, it now has Greeks (ethnic and otherwise) that begin tip the scales.

Then comes the absorbtion of Thessaly and its large Vlach population.

Then comes the absortion of Macedonia and its large Macedonian population.

Then comes the importation of about 1,500,000 Christians from Asia, around half of which are settled in the Greek occupied part of Macedonia.

The one commonality except the borders in which they all find themselves in, is the Christian Orthodox religion. In this way, true figures were manipulated, as they were for centuries by the Greek-speaking clergy of the Roman Millet in the Ottoman Empire.

What was the population number of Greece by 1928?
    In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
      • Sep 2008

In 1928 the population of greece was around 6 million according to this -

About Athens, I have read that it was a village of no more than 10 000 people during the war of independance.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

Thanks Spartan, there is a population census from Greece taken during 1928, we have the documents somewhere, I will try and dig them up.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Spartan
          • Sep 2008

Good idea, not sure how accurate the link I provided is, but it seems reasonable to me.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
            • Sep 2008

https://wiki.familysearch.org/en/Greece_Census Of course, nothing regarding ethnicity or language, as had been the case in past Greek census'. http://www.statistics.gr/StatMenu_eng.asp If anybody does have census data on the elusive population of Greece, particularly from the 19th century, do share it, even if

Here is a discussion about Greek census' from the past.

Comment

• Jankovska
              • Sep 2008

I look like an anicen Macedonian princess, beautiful face, lovely skin, blonde hair, simply amazing, hhahahaha

Comment

• julie
                • May 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                I look like an anicen Macedonian princess, beautiful face, lovely skin, blonde hair, simply amazing, hhahahaha
                then we are twins, and your forgot the blue eyes:rmacedonia
                "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• fatso
                  • Sep 2008

Julie and Jovanovski,

How's about a double date ? Both of you and me....There's lot's of me to go around and around..

Comment

• julie
                    • May 2009

fatso, you are too kind, I am married as I believe Jankovska is
                    "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Wanderer
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Jankovska View Post
                      Its like saying that whoever is not blond haired and blue eyed-is not Macedonian
                      Many have been said about Alexander the Great.The most dominant were that he was blond haired-blue eyed and of medium height.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

I am becoming more blonde every day.
                        In some countries they call it "grey" ... I call it platinum blonde.
                        Risto the Great
                        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Makedonets
                          • Jul 2016

Modern Macedonians have dark brown or black hair and black(?) or brown eyes. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes, I used to have blonde hair as a child, but it got darker as I grew up.
                          As for the difference in facial features between Modern and Ancient Macedonians, I think that climate changes played a role. We all know that before the Ancient Macedonians created their country, they have settled the whole balkan called Macedonian Peninsula in that time, cause all other parts of Europe where inhabitable due to low temperatures, that's why they had a cult for the sun as it savior. So, we all know how people in cold regions look (light color of the skin, hair, eyes) and how they look in hotter regions (dark color of skin, hair, eyes)..
                          I think climate is now hotter than ancient times and that's why our facial features changed.
                          It's not that Modern Macedonians with black eyes and hair are not Macedonians, that's wrong, cause there's even ancient Macedonians who used to have dark hair and eyes.

Comment

• Mad Mak
                            • May 2015

Originally posted by Makedonets View Post
                            Modern Macedonians have dark brown or black hair and black(?) or brown eyes. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes, I used to have blonde hair as a child, but it got darker as I grew up.
                            As for the difference in facial features between Modern and Ancient Macedonians, I think that climate changes played a role. We all know that before the Ancient Macedonians created their country, they have settled the whole balkan called Macedonian Peninsula in that time, cause all other parts of Europe where inhabitable due to low temperatures, that's why they had a cult for the sun as it savior. So, we all know how people in cold regions look (light color of the skin, hair, eyes) and how they look in hotter regions (dark color of skin, hair, eyes)..
                            I think climate is now hotter than ancient times and that's why our facial features changed.
                            It's not that Modern Macedonians with black eyes and hair are not Macedonians, that's wrong, cause there's even ancient Macedonians who used to have dark hair and eyes.

That's just so wrong. Everything.
                            Last edited by Mad Mak; 07-27-2016, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Makedonets
                              • Jul 2016

What's wrong? Have you seen a black man who originates from Russia? Or an African with blonde hair and blue eyes?

Comment

Working...
                              X