X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AegeanMacedon
    • May 2009

invitation from the cultural association Makedones Marinas

Makedones Marinas (tsrno marinovo) Cultural Association invites you to its annual dance event in 27/12/2009

YouTube - SPOT ΕΤΗΣΙΟΥ ΧΟΡΟΥ 27/12/2009 - SPOT ANNUAL DANCE EVENT 27/12/2009
  • Brygian Seed
    • Dec 2009

I don't follow the lyrics, but the song sounds very much like the song 'Sar planino'

Comment

• BigMak
      Banned
      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Brygian Seed View Post
      I don't follow the lyrics, but the song sounds very much like the song 'Sar planino'
      I agree sounds like a cheap rip off.

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Ogreala yasna dzvezda.
        Who does not understand this?
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
          • Sep 2008

Cheap rip off? They are Macedonians performing a Macedonian song, in the way it is done in their particular area.

I can show you plenty of 'cheap rip off' songs from ROM, where they have done remakes of older songs, one of them being sar planina itself, where there are at least a handful of different versions of it.

Applaud our brothers and sisters from the Aegean, the Macedonian spirit still lives in them, Neka grea yasnite Dzevzdi!
          In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

SoM, thanks for the comment. I almost could not be bothered mentioning the struggle of Macedonians in Greece. Some might call it weak but Macedonian songs sung in Greece are as significant as women burning bras a while back.

The opening words to the song bring "hope" as soon as you hear them. And some can't understand this? Here is a tip, let go of Yugoslavia and Serbian love songs ... embrace a Macedonian language that we all shared as little as 50 years ago. Sure there were some minor differences in Egej, but they were extremely unique and largely forgotten as the literary language took over in RoM. For the benefit of Macedonian pride I simply cannot understand why words such as "Spolaj Ti" are not in every day parlance in RoM. They are ours and they are exquisitely unique.

"Gredam" is another one.

What have we lost and what have we gained in the last 50 years from a language point of view?
            I can show you plenty of 'cheap rip off' songs from ROM, where they have done remakes of older songs
            Absolutely SoM. If this one is a rip off, it works for the Macedonians listening to it and is superior to some TurboSerboBulgaro crap.

Sorry if it offends, I am not having a Yugo-nostalgic day today.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Brygian Seed
              • Dec 2009

Hey all! Just made a comment on the music and that it sounded like another Macedonian sound! Nothing intended or implied by it, what so ever. I heard it through my crappy laptop speakers . . . so easy on there Risto the Great and Soldier of Macedon. More than aware of all points raised regarding the struggles in Egej. Further, I totally support the points in regards to turbo, serbian, yugo etc, the less of that genre penetrating the main stream the better.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Brygian Seed, it wasn't in response to your comment.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• BigMak
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2009

For fuck sake thanks for the unjust attacks, I to was referring to the sound of this particular song.

No need for the head banging

And in reality this particular singer carry's the song as if it was sung in greek, I as a Macedonian have no interest in listening to such poor quality Macedonian drivel.

WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THE SINGING AND THE SONG are we not.
                  Last edited by BigMak; 12-16-2009, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                    • Sep 2008

Thanks for your constructive comments.

Comment

• BigMak
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      Thanks for your constructive comments.

Some questions

are they a registered association in greece?

If so who do they represent?

Are they a registered association who represent ethnic Macedonians of Greek occupied Macedonia?

Or are they a registered association representing the so-called Macedonians of greek origins (sik) and in doing so do they perform public appearances and sing in Macedonian or greek?

Are we shooting ourselves in the foot by applauding this or is this being translated to the world as Macedonian Greek culture of greek origin.

So basically we are teaching the greeks our songs and ora just to be insulted with them showing the world that this is greek.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Can you hear the language they are singing in? What's the problem? They have their own Macedonian dialects and their own regional influences like the rest of us.
                        Originally posted by BikMak
                        basically we are teaching the greeks our songs and ora just to be insulted with them showing the world that this is greek.
                        How on earth can you come to that conclusion? Would any serious person consider the clip a 'Greek' song? Of course not! We aren't teaching them anything, they are Macedonians, and they are singing the songs of their locality.

The Macedonians in the Aegean are in no way, absolutely no way, less Macedonian than the Macedonians in the Republic, Pirin or elsewhere. Of course we should be applauding them and encouraging them to further express their native Macedonian culture as openly and freely as possible.

What exactly is your problem with the clip, BigMak?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                          • Sep 2008

Ogreala, ogreala, ogreala jasna dzvezda, ogreala jasna dezevda.

Pravo te grei, pravo te grei, pravo te grei na vujkomu, pravo te grei na vujkomu.

Dobro vech'r, mili vujko, dai podobro milo vnuce, dai podobro milo vnuce.

Jas s'm doshol, mili vujko, jas s'm doshol da dao pitam, jas s'm doshol da dao pitam.

--------------

Above is the first part of the song or what I could make of it, no doubt Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post

Pravo te grei, pravo te grei, pravo te grei na vujkomu, pravo te grei na vujkomu.

Dobro vech'r, mili vujko, dai podobro milo vnuce, dai podobro milo vnuce.

Jas s'm doshol, mili vujko, jas s'm doshol da dao pitam, jas s'm doshol da dao pitam.
                            And this is how I would say it in my Bitola dialect of Macedonian:

Pravo kje oi, pravo kje oi, pravo kje oi kai na vujkomu, pravo kje oi kai na vujkomu.

Dobro vecher, mili vujko, dai podobro milo vnuce, dai podobro milo vnuce.

Jas sum doshol, mili vujko, jas sum doshol da, da go prasham, jas sum doshol da, da go prasham.

Irrelevant differences, and further to that point, depending on where people in Bitola or other places in the vicinity of the Aegean are from, it may even be closer, because I know for a fact that others in the Republic say 'grei/gredi' and 'pitam'. And on the flip side, Macedonians in the Aegean also say "odi/oi".

It's a nice clip, i've watched a few times now.

Comment

• BigMak
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2009

I am not debating the verbal integrity of our brothers in egej, or dialect etc,

you have not answered any of my questions, what I ask is how is this organization perceived in Greece, what is it referred to, and what is the translated meaning of this to the world. And when or if they perform on a large scale in Greece is Macedonian culture wrongly performed in greek ?

Why is this a hard question to answer? I am asking because I dont know now, if you know please explain it to me. if you cant thats fine I will search for my answers elsewhere without being abused.

Comment

Working...
                              X