• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zarni
    Banned
    • May 2011

A Idea for this Forum to uphold

What do you all think about our Southern Neigbours being referred only as "Athenians" in the similar manner which they call us by the Macedonian capital they deserve the same treatment and less

Opinions people
  • George S.
    • Aug 2009

we could call them former republic of greece,
    Turks call greeks Yunanistan.
    "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Zarni View Post
      What do you all think about our Southern Neigbours being referred only as "Athenians" in the similar manner which they call us by the Macedonian capital they deserve the same treatment and less

Opinions people
      I've been doing that a few years on the internet because that's what Greeks are, one horse (goats) town ..
      http://www.makedonskakafana.com

Macedonia for the Macedonians

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
        • Sep 2008

I suggest that this sort of reaction be reserved only for racist Greeks.

Personally, I will not call all of them 'Athenians' (or some other slur) in general because good Greeks are unecessarily insulted. My advice is to be as specific as possible if you're to respond in such a manner (as difficult as it may be), and direct it to those who deserve it - racist Greeks. Otherwise, if we start creating new generic terms for the collective Greeks, we are no better than the racists among them.
        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
          • Aug 2009

personally i would call them the imposters because the truth is they are not really greeks.
          Whils't that may be insulting generally it's the truth.
          Nazis & thieves because that's what they are,the ones doing it know who they are it's not tarnishing all greeks with the same brush.
          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
            • Aug 2010

A no brainer .. are ALL Macedonians from Skopje? Are, ALL Geeks from Athens?

GO ON THE OFFENCE TO WIN!

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

mk what would you call that racist jim maryoganis?He is the typical greek nazi ,racist.But that's not to say there aren't any good greeks around.Let's not tarnish everyone with the same brush.THis idiot Jim has got to be put down & that liberal party must take action for his silly behaviour.I'm sure if a macedonian did the same thing they would scream murder.
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Makedonska_Kafana
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                mk what would you call that racist jim maryoganis?
                A 100% Vlach

Comment

• Pelister
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Zarni View Post

Opinions people
                  I prefer them to be called New Greeks, with or without capitals. I am refering to them as New Greeks in my personal writings, and I am clear about why. The principle reason is that they are not the descendants of the ancient Greeks; they derive from various ethnic, religious and cultural groups who, for reasons I won't go into here, adopted a sham heritage, they adopted a bogus identity for the priviledge of being part of a modern nation state. Their identity is a sham, and they have no valid historical claim to any territory in the region, let alone Macedonian territory. I am happy to refer to them as new greeks for other reasons. It is no insignificant matter, that they speak a language that was native to no one - a dead language, imposed from the outside. All of the contemporary evidence has these supposed 'ethnic Greeks' doing Albanian dances, speaking in Albanian ... etc. The evidence, thanks to T.M is overwhelming. A Westerner might argue that something of ancient Greek lived, or survived - well not in the village communities of New Greece. This had to be imposed. There is nothing natural about them. They are in a nutshell, New Greeks.
                  Last edited by Pelister; 09-24-2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• George S.
                    • Aug 2009

you know the greek s don't deserve being called athenians.The word is not even greek it's some sort of african/egyptian? terminology.
                    perhaps a racial slur might be black african/sudanese greeks.
                    GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                      • Sep 2008

George, aside from being unrealistic, that slur is racist and certainly not something that I would condone. Be a little more sensible mate.
                      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                        • Aug 2009

as i said It is not intended for the good greeks but if you don't like it delete it you have my permission.
                        If you boil it down you really can't be a real racist ,macedonians don't seem to be much of racists because we fear we might offend them.Incidentally SOM what is your idea for it as i have run out of ideas??
                        Last edited by George S.; 09-24-2011, 09:53 PM. Reason: edit
                        GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Pelister
                          • Sep 2008

I think that the New Greeks of the more nationalist kind call themselves 'Hellenes', but I am not sure about the country. Is it true that in all official correspondence, the country is referred to as 'The Hellenic Republic'? Just another historical distortion.

Comment

• Dejan
                            • Sep 2008

The problem with the term 'New Greeks' is that it gives the impression that there were ancient greeks once upon a time, and they try very hard to make a connection to these ancients. The truth is that nobody was greek before the 1830's.
                            You want Macedonia? Come and take it from my blood!

A prosperous, independent and free Macedonia for Macedonians will be the ultimate revenge to our enemies.

Comment

• Pelister
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Dejan View Post
                              The problem with the term 'New Greeks' is that it gives the impression that there were ancient greeks once upon a time, and they try very hard to make a connection to these ancients. The truth is that nobody was greek before the 1830's.
                              I think that the term New Greeks is a more effective way of distinguishing the people currently living there, from the ancient culture they claim to represent, which is the key point. It is not about disputing the identity of the ancients, alone. Western historical discourse is saturated with the term 'Greek' as an ancient language, and 'Greeks' for the people that used it. A classicist will turn around and say 'Well, what would you call them. We have to call them something, if we are to understand them'. The New Greeks are saying they are culturally, ethnically, linguistically, racially the descendents of the ancient 'Greeks'. The point is that you can dispute the 'name' used to describe the language, alphabet, culture ...etc of these ancient people, but that is not enough to draw a deep and meaningful comparison, with the New Greeks. There is much more value in leaving the name used by Westerners to classify the ancients alone (for now), and focusing on how todays people were nothing like them, in far more than just name. It really hinges on the 'weight' of the term 'Greek' used to describe the ancients and the moderns, in Western historiography. I can see how you would like to 'short circuit' it, I would too. Most importantly, there is enough contemporary evidence, I think, to make a strong case. That's how I see it.

I believe that 'Greek' historians are worried that this term 'New Greek' might catch on, because it really jams a wedge into all the claims being made by them (not just historical, but political also).
                              Last edited by Pelister; 09-26-2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X