X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EgejskaMakedonia
    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by DirtyCodingHabitz View Post
    The entire media in America is leftist and almost all of it is owned by Jews. And show me some hard evidence that how right-wing politicians were involved in stopping the Mosque.
    No it isn't, take Fox News for example, they are extremely right winged and biased. The echo of Republican politicians can practically be heard on this station.
    There have also been a number of Republican (right-winged politicians) who have publicly criticised the Islamic community centre.

Here are a few posts made by Sarah Palin (Republican politician) on twitter:
    "Peace-seeking Muslims, pls understand, Ground Zero mosque is UNNECESSARY provocation; it stabs hearts. Pls reject it in interest of healing" Palin tweeted from her BlackBerry.

"Peaceful New Yorkers, pls refute the Ground Zero mosque plan if you believe catastrophic pain caused @ Twin Towers site is too raw, too real."

Here is John McCain's stance on the issue:
    "I understand that I am a senator from Arizona, and I'm a long way from New York City," said McCain. "But I am entitled to my opinion. And obviously my opinion is that I'm opposed to it. I think that it's something that would harm relations, rather than help."

Comment

• Onur
      • Apr 2010

It looks like Greece`s middle-eastern and African immigrants tried to perform the traditional first day of the feast prayer in the streets of Athens AGAIN ,

but this time they have been attacked by local Athenians and golden dawn fascists;

Mob in Athens abuses Muslims as they celebrate Eid

Dozens of far-right activists and local residents threw eggs and taunted hundreds of Muslim immigrants as they gathered to pray in a central square for Eid al-Adha surrounded by a protective cordon of riot police.

Greece, which has become the main immigrant gateway to the European Union, has a growing Muslim community and tensions between locals and incomers have run high in some Athens areas such as Attiki square, the scene of Tuesday's incident.

Athens' Muslim community is without an official mosque and prayers are usually held at cultural centers or community halls or private apartments around the city. The Muslim community in Greece is estimated at about 1 million, in a country where most people are Greek Orthodox Christians.

While the Muslims prayed, some locals shouted obscenities from their balconies and waved Greek flags. Leaflets that depicted pigs -- an animal Muslims consider unclean -- were scattered across the square.

"There is a (unofficial) mosque near here but we're afraid to go there," said a 30-year old migrant from Bangladesh, who gave his name as Shamasul. "Sometimes Greeks in the neighborhood threaten to kill us."

In another, more central square in front of Athens university, about 2,000 Muslim men and women prayed peacefully in front of the neo-classical university and ancient Greek statues.

In the past, moves to build a mosque in the capital have been met with opposition from local residents and some priests of the Greek orthodox church.

The only mosques in Greece are in the northeastern region of Xanthi near the Turkish border, home to a large Muslim minority.

Nov 16, 2010

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AF2HM20101116

So, i ask same question again. What would happen if we would shout, swear and throw eggs to the Greeks when they came to Soumela monastery, Turkey? Well, such a thing is not possible in Turkey but what would happen if we`d do?

OR better, i ask, what would happen if we would destroy all the christian monuments in Turkey like Greeks destroyed a total of 3700+ Turkish monuments including mosques in just few decades??? Ofc this is not possible in Turkey either since we have this multicultural acceptance in our minds for centuries but what would happen???
      Last edited by Onur; 11-16-2010, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• fyrOM
        Banned
        • Feb 2010

Onur the inequities are obvious. I have had the TV news on all morning and not one mention of anything. But if it happened in Turkey for sure every news would be showing it. The Greeks are the west’s golden boys.

Comment

• Onur
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by OziMak View Post
          Onur the inequities are obvious. I have had the TV news on all morning and not one mention of anything. But if it happened in Turkey for sure every news would be showing it. The Greeks are the west’s golden boys.
          Yeah, or what if Macedonians would threaten to kill Albanians who were going to the mosque, just like Greeks does in Athens. I am sure you would hear the news in Australia and EU court of human rights would start the lawsuit already.

EU double standards doesn't surprise me anymore.
          Last edited by Onur; 11-16-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
            • Sep 2009

Onur, How was Kurban Bajram celebrated in Turkey?
            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

We need more Muslim immigrants in greece. Since greek birthrate is 1.3 they can't really compete with thousands of immigrants coming in and plus immigrants having kids in greece.

This is the only way for greece to fall apart by outnumbering fake greeks.

Comment

• Onur
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                Onur, How was Kurban Bajram celebrated in Turkey?
                Just like in Macedonia or anywhere else. You are living in Macedonia, right? not Australia?

Actually i hate Kurban bayram since my childhood because of slaughtered animals but hopefully less and less people prefers to sacrifice a sheep in Turkey. It`s probably like halved in 15 years. This year was the minimum ever because of rising prices of sheeps and increasing animal right activists.

I know that animals already being slaughtered everywhere in the world for food purposes but imho, regular people shouldn't slaughter extra more for ritual purposes. Some people was doing that in their own gardens 10-12 years ago by hiring a butcher but hopefully this is no more in Turkey anymore. If someone doesn't bother to go to slaughterhouse for this and tries to kill the animal in their own garden, they get about 850_TL(600$) fine by police. I am happy for that penalty and it totally eliminated bad scenes here.

Hopefully people will totally abandon this archaic ritual in the future.

Comment

• Prolet
                  • Sep 2009

Onur, It was hardly mentioned here in Australia, in Macedonia its very popular among the Muslims. One Turkish guy was telling me once that you cant make a kurban if you owe money, so this means in Australia no muslim can do a sacrifice since pretty much everybody owes money to a bank or owes for a bill or has to pay a fine somewhere.
                  МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                    Onur, It was hardly mentioned here in Australia, in Macedonia its very popular among the Muslims. One Turkish guy was telling me once that you cant make a kurban if you owe money, so this means in Australia no muslim can do a sacrifice since pretty much everybody owes money to a bank or owes for a bill or has to pay a fine somewhere.

Prolet, sounds like you're telling stories again...

Comment

• johnMKD
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Onur View Post
                      It looks like Greece`s middle-eastern and African immigrants tried to perform the traditional first day of the feast prayer in the streets of Athens AGAIN ,

but this time they have been attacked by local Athenians and golden dawn fascists;

"Mob in Athens abuses Muslims as they celebrate Eid

Dozens of far-right activists and local residents threw eggs and taunted hundreds of Muslim immigrants as they gathered to pray in a central square for Eid al-Adha surrounded by a protective cordon of riot police.

Greece, which has become the main immigrant gateway to the European Union, has a growing Muslim community and tensions between locals and incomers have run high in some Athens areas such as Attiki square, the scene of Tuesday's incident.

Athens' Muslim community is without an official mosque and prayers are usually held at cultural centers or community halls or private apartments around the city. The Muslim community in Greece is estimated at about 1 million, in a country where most people are Greek Orthodox Christians.

While the Muslims prayed, some locals shouted obscenities from their balconies and waved Greek flags. Leaflets that depicted pigs -- an animal Muslims consider unclean -- were scattered across the square.

"There is a (unofficial) mosque near here but we're afraid to go there," said a 30-year old migrant from Bangladesh, who gave his name as Shamasul. "Sometimes Greeks in the neighborhood threaten to kill us."

In another, more central square in front of Athens university, about 2,000 Muslim men and women prayed peacefully in front of the neo-classical university and ancient Greek statues.

In the past, moves to build a mosque in the capital have been met with opposition from local residents and some priests of the Greek orthodox church.

The only mosques in Greece are in the northeastern region of Xanthi near the Turkish border, home to a large Muslim minority.

Nov 16, 2010

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6AF2HM20101116"

So, i ask same question again. What would happen if we would shout, swear and throw eggs to the Greeks when they came to Soumela monastery, Turkey? Well, such a thing is not possible in Turkey but what would happen if we`d do?

OR better, i ask, what would happen if we would destroy all the christian monuments in Turkey like Greeks destroyed a total of 3700+ Turkish monuments including mosques in just few decades??? Ofc this is not possible in Turkey either since we have this multicultural acceptance in our minds for centuries but what would happen???
                      I just heard about this. It's a total disgrace not to allow believers to celebrate their fate in a supposedly democratic country. I wonder what was the official reaction of the Muslims to that.

But, just to put things back to their position, mosques in Greece are not only in the region of Xanthi. Maybe they are the only ones still working, but I'm perfectly aware of many more remaining as monuments throughout northern Greece.

As far as your question Onur, I can ensure you that if this would happen in Soumela, for sure it would be all over the news worldwide and everybody would be condemning Turkey for being irrationally religion-centric and nationalistic...
                      Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
                        • Sep 2010

Here's a video from AlJazeeraEnglish.

Greece's economic crisis has led to increasing hostilities between locals and immigrants in the capital, Athens.

In local elections in November, a far-right party won five per cent of the vote, and a seat on the city council for the first time.
                        YouTube - Racial tension on the rise in Greece

Comment

• George S.
                          • Aug 2009

i agree with dch that we need more & more immigrants to cause trouble in greece so that
                          it really goes off with a bang then macedonia doesn't have to put up with a shit neighbour.
                          "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                          GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Misery of Afghan people in Greece;

YouTube - Bloody attacks against Afghan refugees in Greece

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                              i agree with dch that we need more & more immigrants to cause trouble in greece so that
                              it really goes off with a bang then macedonia doesn't have to put up with a shit neighbour.
                              Maybe so, but don't forget that we have a lot of immigrant trouble in Macedonia. Trouble that arises from Greek immigrants may well influence trouble to reignite in Macedonia.

Comment

• Frank
                                Banned
                                • Mar 2010

Maybe so, but don't forget that we have a lot of immigrant trouble in Macedonia. Trouble that arises from Greek immigrants may well influence trouble to reignite in Macedonia.
                                Macedonia is not a major Immigrant transit one, but if Macedonia becomes a EU hostage state we will have the Immigrant Issue to deal with.

Another aspect Macedonians dont think about or care to

Comment

Working...
                                X