X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 777Bitola
    • Sep 2009

22 Die in Ohrid, Boat capsizes.

Rescue teams have pulled out another five bodies, taking the death toll in the sunken Macedonian ship in Ohrid lake up to 22, all of whom might be Bulgarians, according to local media reports. There was a group of fifty-fifty-three Bulgarians aboard the ship, who were on their way to the Saint Naum monastery.

Rescue teams have pulled out another five bodies, taking the death toll in the sunken Macedonian ship in Ohrid lake up to 22, all of whom might be Bulgarians, according to local media reports.

There was a group of fifty-fifty-three Bulgarians aboard the ship, who were on their way to the Saint Naum monastery.

Ilinden ship was sailing some 200 off the coast, when for still unknown reasons it sank.

A spokesman for Bulgaria's Foreign Ministry said official information about the tragedy can be expected Saturday evening or on Sunday.

RIP
  • King Makedon
    • Apr 2009

Sad thing what happened,

but those were only bulgarians, so who cares. Not me.
    ]
    The world belongs to Macedonia. Macedonia does not belong to the world, especially not to Macedonia's neighbouring countries.
    [/SIZE]

Comment

• Volk
      • Sep 2008

but those were only bulgarians, so who cares. Not me.
      revolting statement
      Makedonija vo Srce

Comment

• Risto the Great
        • Sep 2008

Ridiculous statement re the Bulgarians.

And utterly shameful that life-jackets were not given to all tourists as they boarded the boat. Make them sign waivers if they choose not to wear them. Grow up Macedonia and move into the 21st century. If you want to be a tourist destination, wake up. This will put tourism back 20 years.
        Risto the Great
        MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
        "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• makedonin
          • Sep 2008

Believe it or not, when my wife and I visited Ohrid this year, we wanted to get boat tour exactly with this ship. We talked with this guy. He wanted to sell us ticked for about 20€ per Person. I got in argument with him. He wanted to convince me that after the tour, he has to buy new motor for the ship, which of course I didn't buy.

Frightening to see him and his ship leading this people in death.
          To enquire after the impression behind an idea is the way to remove disputes concerning nature and reality.

Comment

• Jankovska
            • Sep 2008

I ams hocked at how many terrible accidents happened in Ohrid this year. I am sorry but Jankulovska should resign immidietly, where is the police to stop dangerous people entering the water, checking veichles etc. This is stupid. A drunk idiot hit a woman with a speed boat few weeks ago and she died, the Albo who need to be hanged hit a child same way who ended in hospital. It's a a crazy place. Ohrigani will never think about people's safety only to grab as much money as they can and our police still thinks their job is to walk up and down the streets and get pepople to buy them lunch. There are not saftey regulations in Ohrid and there is no one to impose rules. I will never go to Ohrid until things change. It's a rip off not worth it place where you may simply die coz all they care is about your money, not to actually offer you anything.
            This is why with all the beauty Ohrid has we still have no tourisam. And until things change it will not develop. I just wonder who the Ohrigani will be ripping off next year when the visa wall goes down and everyone goes to Spain.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Sad events in many ways.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• George S.
                • Aug 2009

It is sad at the same time safety is paramount.What makes us think it won't happen.The athorities must have rules & regulations for maritime safety.
                George S.
                "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Macedonia4LIFE
                  • Sep 2009

king makedon, you must be a young lad so what you said is disrespectful. Just because they do the same to us we do not act like them we are Macedonians. things are going to happen like this when there is no regulations. My family comes from the most southern side of lake Prespa and i hear that tourism on the lakes is growing. Guess what is the #1 sports for death "fishing". Hopefully the Macedonian governmment puts more into its tourism and knowlege of lake safety. My respect goes out to the family"s who where lost.

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                    • Jan 2009

Bulgarian PM: Macedonians are to blame

During a popular TV show in Sofia called ‘This Morning’, the Bulgarian PM had called in to say that “Macedonians are squarely to blame for the lake boating tragedy in Ohrid.

In their misery for business I put all blame on their PM, their Interior Minister as well as Macedonia’s Health Ministry.” added Bojko Borisov, thus cementing his plethora of diplomatic skills.

Bulgarian PM failed to mention information circulating in Bulgarian media that their local tourist agency who organized the trip did not possess an official tour operator license nor it provided any kind of insurance to the tourists!

It is nearly absurd that anyone, let alone a Prime Minister would use this tragedy for political purposes. Then again, Borisov is a Bulgarian Prime Minister.
                    Mr Borisov has had some issues with Macedonians in the past. As a mayor of Sofia insisted for Bulgarian firms to get EU credits and start buying Macedonians businesses. In the prime minister's words "Once we buy their businesses, the Macedonians will have no choice, but love us".
                    The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                      • Jan 2009

Bulgarian Priest: Boating accident is punishment from God

Ohrid lake tragedy in which 15 Bulgarian tourists lost their lifes is a "punishment from God" said this morning Nikolaj, the archpriest of the Bulgarian Orthodox Chirch in Plovdiv.

In Plovdiv's St Mary Orthodox cathedral, archpriest Nikolaj held a prayer which was attended by Bulgarian president Georgi Prvanov, and parliament speaker Cecka Caceva.

Calling the incident 'punishment from God', Nikolaj reminded everyone in attendance of his calls to cancel Madonna's concert in Sofia on August 29th.

"On August 29th St John the Baptist lost his head, therefore in the Orthodox tradition it is forbidden to organize concerts or anything related that will disturb St. John's spirit", added Nikolaj.
                      The Macedonians originates it, the Bulgarians imitate it and the Greeks exploit it!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by The LION will ROAR View Post
                        In their misery for business I put all blame on their PM, their Interior Minister as well as Macedonia’s Health Ministry.” added Bojko Borisov, thus cementing his plethora of diplomatic skills.
                        That is my kind of humour!
                        Risto the Great

Comment

• The LION will ROAR
                          • Jan 2009

You do not see many PM directly attacking another PM from another nations.....?
                          Who the fuck is he..?
                          Just shows his professionalism and skills... fcken Tatar

Comment

• Risto the Great
                            • Sep 2008

You are absolutely correct LION.
                            The Bulgarians have been looking for an excuse to pick a fight.
                            These will be interesting times but Macedonia will be better for it.
                            Risto the Great

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Bulgarian PM had called in to say that “Macedonians are squarely to blame for the lake boating tragedy in Ohrid.
                              Well, I suppose it was to be expected. While on our side we are calling for compassion for the victims, this Slavic Tatar is looking to place the blame on Macedonians. Borisov is a sick man, probably mentally ill also, seems like a prerequisite for the position of PM in Russia's little creation.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X