Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikail
    • Sep 2008

The songs ok. Not generic enough to go anywhere.
    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• Daskalot
      • Sep 2008

I love this song! It is really good!
      Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Prolet
        • Sep 2009

Daskale, I tend to agree with you on that one, Kiril is a fantastic musician who can do alot more for himself with some of his hits.
        МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• julie
          • May 2009

Why doesnt this song enter the Eurovision song contest, and Buktop I disagree with you , the genre is not trance, it actually has quite a reggae beat. I think the chick can be edited out though.
          "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
            • Jan 2010

Can't believe this song wasn't in the run for our eurovision pesna for 2010. A catchy song like this is what we need, something people will remember and hopefully vote for.
            Julie is right though, it is more of a reggae/Jamaican beat. By the chick are you referring to Esma's part in the song? cause i really like that part, gives it that traditional aspect.
            I think one year we should just go in with an old maco song just for the fun of it because even if we have the best song in the comp it is highly unlikely we will win. Basing votes on politics, as many participants do, takes away a lot from the song contest

Comment

• julie
              • May 2009

Eurovision is rigged to the hilt, always has been. And I get peeved when we come under F.

I dont like the chick's voice it makes a really catchy tune disjointed,
              I do love the traditional aspect, perhaps another female singer?

(Listen to the music critic, LMAO )
              "The moral revolution - the revolution of the mind, heart and soul of an enslaved people, is our greatest task."__________________Gotse Delchev

Comment

• Bill77
                • Oct 2009

Originally posted by julie View Post
                I dont like the chick's voice it makes a really catchy tune disjointed,
                I do love the traditional aspect, perhaps another female singer?

(Listen to the music critic, LMAO )
                Esma would have to be the richest Gjupka in the world. She sucesfuly sued the makers of the movie BORAT for using her song with out authority.
                http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• sf.
                  • Jan 2010

Originally posted by julie View Post
                  Eurovision is rigged to the hilt, always has been. And I get peeved when we come under F.
                  The fact that it's rigged has never bothered me. The fact that it's rigged and it pisses of the Western Europeans gives me great pleasure. Even the sardonic Terry Wogan who was supposed to be above all this petty rivalry cracked the shit and retired. That was one of my favourite Eurovision moments.

What I really hate is when we send our participants and perform in English, expecting to win. F... em I say. For three minutes every year, we have an opportunity for the whole of Europe to sit there and listen to us sing in Macedonian.

Neka puknat dushmanite, so to speak.
                  Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful. - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Comment

• Mikail
                    • Sep 2008

Nice, a good rhythm to it. Shame Macedonia doesn't go for something like this for Eurovision. It could do very well!
                    From the village of P’pezhani, Tashko Popov, Dimitar Popov-Skenderov and Todor Trpenov were beaten and sentenced to 12 years prison. Pavle Mevchev and Atanas Popov from Vrbeni and Boreshnica joined them in early 1927, they were soon after transferred to Kozhani and executed. As they were leaving Lerin they were heard to shout "With our death, Macedonia will not be lost. Our blood will run, but other Macedonians will rise from it"

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
                      • Jan 2010

Eurovision

As many of you might know, the Eurovision Song Contest for 2010 is currently taking place in Oslo, Norway. By all means use this as a thread for eurovision discussion, although there may have been a few others recently. However this isn't the main reason i created this thread.

Today I watched a replay of the 2009 juniors' eurovision contest on SBS, and as per usual Macedonia was referred to under FYR. They placed 2nd last which was a load of crap, taking into account some of the rubbish songs. I'd say Macedonia had one of the best songs, however this is going off my initial point.

As you may know before each country sings, there is a short introduction to the nation. In this case, landmarks and history of the nation were shown through clay animation remakes or something along those lines.
                      What caught my attention is that in the Macedonian intro, there was a figure of an ancient hopolite with the old Macedonian sun on the shield. Although some may deem this insignificant, i found it quite surprising that they refer to us as FYR in the contest, yet display our ancient history in the intro, which contradicts the use of FYR.

Heres a link to the video:
                      YouTube - Za ljubovta Junior Eurovision 2009 Sara Markovska MACEDONIA

Comment

• Bill77
                        • Oct 2009

Well Gjoko should be home right now and Macedonians should start wandering why lately they can't get past first stage.

Here is a tip, stop entering Boring songs so voters don't fall asleep. How about something that would liven up the place. Something that shows Macedonian (apart from singing it in our language) bring out the selski tapan to awaken the dead, dress every one in selski alishta to bring some colour, stop with these mushy love songs and lets party geeeeeeee.

The results of the 10 qualifiers were announced in a completely random order and appeared as virtual envelopes on screen. The usual delay in announcement between the revealing of the envelopes intensified the anticipation and excitement for the viewers. The 10 qualifiers as they were announced are:

•Bosnia & Herzegovina
                        •Moldova
                        •Russia
                        •Greece
                        •Portugal
                        •Belarus
                        •Serbia
                        •Belgium
                        •Albania
                        •Iceland

Comment

• Bill77
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Bill77 View Post
                          Well Gjoko should be home right now and Macedonians should start wandering why lately they can't get past first stage.

Here is a tip, stop entering Boring songs so voters don't fall asleep. How about something that would liven up the place. Something that shows Macedonian (apart from singing it in our language) bring out the selski tapan to awaken the dead, dress every one in selski alishta to bring some colour, stop with these mushy love songs and lets party geeeeeeee.

The results of the 10 qualifiers were announced in a completely random order and appeared as virtual envelopes on screen. The usual delay in announcement between the revealing of the envelopes intensified the anticipation and excitement for the viewers. The 10 qualifiers as they were announced are:

•Bosnia & Herzegovina
                          •Moldova
                          •Russia
                          •Greece
                          •Portugal
                          •Belarus
                          •Serbia
                          •Belgium
                          •Albania
                          •Iceland
                          The Serbs have got the idea. This is what i'm talking about. This is why they or Bosnia are always in the top three. You don't need to understand the language. But the beutiful sound of the trupa, beutiful colours of the selski alishta would bring everyones atention.

YouTube - Milan Stankovic - Ovo Je Balkan (Serbia)
                          Last edited by Bill77; 05-26-2010, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Prolet
                            • Sep 2009

uaaaaa Sramota!!
                            МАКЕДОНЕЦ си кога кавал ќе ти ја распара душата,зурла ќе ти го раскине срцето,кога секое влакно од кожата ќе ти се наежи кога ќе видиш шеснаесеткрако сонце,кога до коска ќе те заболи кога ќе слушнеш ПЈРМ,кога немаш ни за леб,а полн си во душата затоа што ја сакаш МАКЕДОНИЈА. МАКЕДОНИЈА во срце те носиме.

Comment

• Bill77
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Prolet View Post
                              uaaaaa Sramota!!
                              What is sramota????

Comment

• fyrOM
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2010

My understanding of Serbian is atrocious so I hope I understood it correctly. It kind of leaves you wanting to laugh but not sure if you should. Tri puta den doesn’t sound so bad. Solid voice and a catchy tune and a nice twist from the traditional to modern costumes reflecting times might change but Tri puta den is still good.

Comment

Working...
                                X