• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

Mosque near 9/11 site & Burn a Koran day on 9/11

Florida Church To Hold "International Burn A Koran Day"

Kris Alingod - AHN News Contributor
    Gainesville, FL, United States (AHN) - A church in Florida plans to burn Korans on the anniversary of 9/11 this year, drawing fire from American Muslims and pundits already engaged in debate about a planned mosque near Ground Zero.

Dove World Outreach Center, a New Testament Church in Gainesville, will burn the Koran on the night of Sept. 11 "to stand against the evil of Islam." Its senior pastor, Terry Jones, is author of a new book, "Islam is of the Devil."

The church early this month led a protest outside the Islamic Center of Gainesville. It plans to hold a "No Homo Mayor" rally against Craig Lowe, the first openly gay mayor of the city, next week.

"There is only one true book, and that is the Bible," Jones says in an episode of his Braveheart Show on YouTube. "Demand that all Moslems that are here must adapt to our values, that they become Americans... You come here... you adapt to our values, our Constitution, our way of life... We should stop, immediately, the building of all mosques in America."

The Council on American-Islamic Relations has called on American Muslims to host "Share a Koran" dinners in August, when Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, is observed.

The civil rights group believes distributing copies of the text to the public, law enforcement officials and journalists will provide accurate information about Islam and thereby decrease anti-Muslim bias.

"American Muslims and other people of conscience should support positive educational efforts to prevent the spread of Islamophobia," Ibrahim Hooper, CAIR national communications director, said in a statement.

The controversy over Dove World Outreach Center's planned 9/11 activity comes amid debate about the construction of a mosque near Ground Zero.

The proposal would turn the old Burlington Coat Factory building in New York City into a $100 million center that will have a mosque, a 500-seat auditorium, swimming pool, art exhibition spaces, bookstores and restaurants.

The project is the brainchild of Feisal Abdul Rauf, imam of a New York City mosque and founder of a non-profit, the Cordoba Initiative, that aims to "bring together leaders across the Muslim-West divide."

Proponents say the facility, called Cordoba House, seeks to foster better ties between Muslims and all other faiths. The project has the support of community and city officials, including Mayor Michael Bloomberg, and the September 11th Families for Peaceful Tomorrows.

Opponents of the facility have questioned Rauf's image as a moderate Muslim and argued that a mosque near hallowed ground is an assault on the memory of 9/11 victims.

Four planes were hijacked by terrorists on Sept. 11, 2001. Two of the planes crashed into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, one crashed into the Pentagon and the other into a field in Pennsylvania. A total of 2,973 people died.
    Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!
  • TrueMacedonian
    • Jan 2009

This is big news in America, especially in New York, and there is an uproar in the Muslim world about this Florida pastor wanting to burn Korans. I just watched Obama give a speech about why it's ok for a Mosque to be built near the 9/11 site and why actions by this Florida pastor would be a lethal backlash to the West especially to American troops stationed in Afghanistan.

What are your thoughts on this?

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
      • Sep 2010

What are your thoughts on this?
      Americans have the balls to stand up to Muslims. Unlike us we have to kiss their arses to join the EU.

My eyes are more focused on Netherlands because they'll become an Islamic state within 20 years if they don't do something about it. 25% are Muslims, over 50% of the newly born are Muslim now. If Geert Wilders doesn't get in power the country is going die.

Look at Makedonija for a moment, we are heading for the same direction!

Comment

• Makedonetz
        • Apr 2010

very dangerous waters their treading, but in the end its cat and mouse games between the USA & every other nation in the world that opposes them.
        Makedoncite se borat
        za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
        - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Frank
          Banned
          • Mar 2010

Well lets harp back to who committed this act 9/11 being America's pain
          lets think a moment about why this act occurred, by whom and for what gain

Obama who grew up in Malaysia understandingly cheers for a Mosque

I remember in 2001 Macedonian Soldiers were being attack by the Washington supported KLA too

Americans are a mature society they for ever tell others how to foster reconciliation why can they not all get along build the mosque dont appose it those that do are denying the Muslim Community their Religions Rights thats how it goes doesn't it

So fuel the flames you American bastards fuel the flames and idiot evangelistic pastors are nothing but Religious extremists
          Last edited by Frank; 09-10-2010, 08:03 PM.

Comment

• Frank
            Banned
            • Mar 2010

Look at Makedonija for a moment, we are heading for the same direction!
            I can assure you Macedonians may be eroding its own Cultural identity on its own accord but the irony is Islam and Christianity co-exist quite happily in Macedonia if any European State were to be last standing from a Muslim onslaught it will be Macedonians

Comment

• DirtyCodingHabitz
              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Frank View Post
              I can assure you Macedonians may be eroding its own Cultural identity on its own accord but the irony is Islam and Christianity co-exist quite happily in Macedonia if any European State were to be last standing from a Muslim onslaught it will be Macedonians
              Lets wait for the Albanian population to get bigger, and see what happens to us and our land. I'm pretty sure they wanted to create their little Illyria since we went independent.

If they were Turks, we could somehow live together in peace for the next thousand years. But we are talking about people that want to take our land and create their own country.

Comment

• Buktop
                • Oct 2009

American constitution assures the freedom to all to practice any religion they want. I could care less if a Mosque was built on ground zero, as long as they respected and honored those around them, and those that lost their lives for a meaningless, trivial war.
                "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                Our long awaited hour will draw near
                and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

Tm the latest news is if they can find an alternative place to the 9/11,It will be treated as a sign of god & they will call off burning of korans.Actually burning of the book will not achieve anything except make muslems angry.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Buktop
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    Tm the latest news is if they can find an alternative place to the 9/11,It will be treated as a sign of god & they will call off burning of korans.Actually burning of the book will not achieve anything except make muslems angry.
                    What better way to follow the path of Christ then by burning books and exclaiming hatred for others?
                    "I'm happy to answer any question and I don't hide from that"

Never once say you walk upon your final way
                    though skies of steel obscure the blue of day.
                    Our long awaited hour will draw near
                    and our footsteps will thunder - We are Here!

Comment

• Onur
                      • Apr 2010

There are equal or more extremist sects and religious fanatics in USA than the ones in middle-east.

Already both Taliban and Al-Qaida created by CIA at 1980s against Russians. Also Wahabbi Arabs was supported by western powers b4 to be rulers in Arab states.

So, most(if not all) fanatics in middle-east are related with western world in one way or another.

Comment

• Onur
                        • Apr 2010

It looks like Greece`s middle-eastern and African immigrants performed the traditional first day of Ramadan prayer in the streets of Athens yesterday;

You know, the muslim immigrants of Athens are trying to persuade Greek governments to permit building a mosque in Athens for years but they didn't allow yet.

According to the reports, muslims said that they were ranting football stadium for few 1000EU just for one hour to perform Ramadan prayer every year but because of the economic crisis, this year they had to pray in the middle of a street.

And Greek metropolitan of Piraeus, bishop Serafim told that this was the first time where the muslims invaded a street of Athens since the Turkish reign ended . He says that this was a disgrace.
                        Last edited by Onur; 09-11-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Makedonetz
                          • Apr 2010

Seeing the US are building this "Freedom Tower" where the world trade centers were, next year being 09/11/11 wonder if that will be the next target

Onur nooooooo not in greece cradle of demokratia people are not allowed to worship god!

Im sure islamist in Greece they probaly have more minority rights than Macedonians LMAO!
                          Makedoncite se borat
                          za svoite pravdini!

"The one who works for joining of Macedonia to Bulgaria,Greece or Serbia can consider himself as a good Bulgarian, Greek or Serb, but not a good Macedonian"
                          - Goce Delchev

Comment

• Onur
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Makedonetz View Post
                            Onur nooooooo not in greece cradle of demokratia people are not allowed to worship god!

I liked this way cuz i bet the clowns of golden dawn pissed of so much to see 100s of muslims praying in the middle of Athens, haha But it looks like they couldn't interfere them this time cuz according to the reports, several embassies of Arabic countries attended to the ritual as well.

So, i hope Greek government continues to deny building a mosque there so we see ridicules images like that again to show the level of religious freedom in Greece to the world

Btw, in 15th August, about 2000 Greeks came to Turkey to perform a ritual in a monastery but only 500 people allowed to enter in it, so about 2000 people prayed in the middle of a street but no one in Turkey offended them nor anyone declared that this was a disgrace unlike the Greek bishop said. I wonder when Greeks will learn living in harmony and respect others than themselves.

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Buktop View Post
                              American constitution assures the freedom to all to practice any religion they want. I could care less if a Mosque was built on ground zero, as long as they respected and honored those around them, and those that lost their lives for a meaningless, trivial war.
                              I agree with your post. Besides the mosque is 3 or 4 blocks away from the actual 9/11 site. I find alot of the victims families, who are vehemently against the mosque, are being mislead by the media.

Comment

Working...
                              X