X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelagonija
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
    Half of Bulgaria were Macedonians who fled the terror in Egej and Yugoslavia last century. The older woman probably knew what her people used to be.
    The way I see it, Bulgarians are really mostly of Macedonian descent.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it
    probably is a duck.

Comment

• Risto the Great
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post
      The way I see it, Bulgarians are really mostly of Macedonian descent.

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it
      probably is a duck.
      They will say the duck is Bulgarian.
      But they forget how and from whom they learned their language and culture.
      Risto the Great
      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelagonija
        • Mar 2017

All good brother.. we will them that the duck is Macedonian.

Comment

• Karposh
          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
          They will say the duck is Bulgarian.
          But they forget how and from whom they learned their language and culture.
          Da mu ebam vsichko vpichko. Pleme gadno, nikakvo. There was no way he was a Macedonian. No self respecting Macedonian would ever be okay with being the long lost brother of Turkologolu of Central Asia. They simply can't deal with the fact that we can never be brothers. What sort of bullshit was that which the dirty bulgar repeated over and over again "Bulgaria was the first to recognise Macedonia". Yeah, so what?! They refused to recognise our identity, and, for a real Macedonian (homegrown or from the diaspora) that cements the fact that Macedonians can never be favouribly inclined towards Bulagaria.

Speaking of Diaspora Vs Homegrown Macedonians, I am fed up with people telling Macedonians from the diaspora that our opinions don't matter because we don't live in Macedonia (SoM, I hope you pull up anyone that ever tells us we don't have a say or an opinion). "Assimilate into the Australian culture" he says. Well, case in point, many already have, including myself. I speak like an Australian, I act like an Australian and I contribute to the economic well-being of this country by getting up each morning and helping to make it what it is today. But I am also proud of my Macedonian roots, the same way Greeks, Italians, Irish, etc. are proud of theirs. Yes, I am happy to assimilate into the Australian culture but God help those Macedonians who have decided to assimilate into the Bulgarian culture because they were never Macedonians to begin with.

Comment

• Phoenix
            • Dec 2008

SoM,

I'm really disappointed that you've banned that lying motherfucker pretending to be a Macedonian.

Comment

• DraganOfStip
              • Aug 2011

Darn, so many things to write back to this guy but he's already gone.
              This must have been one of the fastest boots on the forum, "Gone in 60 seconds" vol.2, starring Aleks the Bulgar.
              ”A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims... but accomplices”
              ― George Orwell

Comment

• Amphipolis
                Banned
                • Aug 2014

I don't know if he was lying. In the link you can see real people (including a student), sharing the same views and actually using the exact same lines.

Macedonians - second-hand people? Oliver Vodasov has managed to do something many Macedonians dream of - he has built up a successful career in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, a European Union member state.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                  What sort of bullshit was that which the dirty bulgar repeated over and over again "Bulgaria was the first to recognise Macedonia". Yeah, so what?! They refused to recognise our identity, and, for a real Macedonian (homegrown or from the diaspora) that cements the fact that Macedonians can never be favouribly inclined towards Bulagaria.
                  There are only two reasons why Bulgaria recognised an independent Macedonia. First, they resented the fact that the territory of the Macedonian republic was a part of Yugoslavia and not a part of Bulgaria. Second, they were hoping that, upon obtaining independence, the Macedonian people would become inclined towards Bulgaria and start identifying as Bulgarians. That never happened (nor would it have ever). So, their "goodwill" ran out shortly afterwards. Personally, I am sick of people referring to this like it was some great gesture, as if our recognition as a state hinged on the acceptance of Bulgaria - which in reality it didn't. An independent nation is an expression of national self-determination. The Bulgarians couldn't care less about the national-self determination of the Macedonians, which is why they refuse to properly acknowledge the indigenous Macedonian population within its modern borders. Instead of being true supporters of the Macedonian people in light of certain commonalities we share, they use such commonalities to diminish our identity as a sovereign people. We could have had good relations with Bulgaria, but if a person doesn't respect your identity, then he is not worthy of respect himself. Anybody who thinks otherwise, like this charlatan who was just banned, is nothing more than a self-deprecating and delusional moron.
                  Speaking of Diaspora Vs Homegrown Macedonians, I am fed up with people telling Macedonians from the diaspora that our opinions don't matter because we don't live in Macedonia (SoM, I hope you pull up anyone that ever tells us we don't have a say or an opinion).
                  I often speak out against this. I find the suggestion that our opinions aren't as valid as those in the republic quite offensive, not to mention divisive. We all love our fatherland, our history and our culture. We all want what it best for our people. Most of us have family in Macedonia, so it's not like our perceptions are shaped by a mere 2 week holiday every 4 years. It's almost like saying a person cannot advocate on behalf of their own brother, or that they cannot criticise the actions of their own brother if they feel that they are taking our collective future in the wrong direction. What happens in Macedonia has a direct impact on Macedonians in the diaspora. To mention just one example, if Macedonia formalises a name change just to enter the EU and NATO, that action will have a ripple effect. Other countries will then impose this artificial identity on the rest of us because the homeland has agreed to it. Are we going to sit, wait and accept being officially re-branded as "Northern Macedonians" who speak the "Northern Macedonian Language", after everything we have done to maintain our identity? Hell no. We are going to speak our minds and make our voices heard so that dreadful outcome never becomes are reality.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Phoenix
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post
                    I don't know if he was lying. In the link you can see real people (including a student), sharing the same views and actually using the exact same lines.

http://www.novinite.com/articles/112...ebunking+Myths
                    You really gives me the shits when you feign ignorance and naivety or are just being deliberately disingenuous...

Of course there are Macedonians who will pretend to be Bulgarian for a sniff of a EU passport or some other form of self-interest that they put ahead of their identity and self respect...just as there are tens of thousands of Macedonians who have prostituted their identity and who today swear they're 'greek' or the millions of Albanians that today swear that they're 'greek'...

Comment

• Amphipolis
                      Banned
                      • Aug 2014

Originally posted by Phoenix View Post
                      You really gives me the shits when you feign ignorance and naivety or are just being deliberately disingenuous...

Of course there are Macedonians who will pretend to be Bulgarian for a sniff of a EU passport or some other form of self-interest that they put ahead of their identity and self respect...just as there are tens of thousands of Macedonians who have prostituted their identity and who today swear they're 'greek' or the millions of Albanians that today swear that they're 'greek'...
                      Well, wouldn't you like to discuss with them?

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Amphipolis View Post

http://www.novinite.com/articles/112...ebunking+Myths
                        He was lying about his residence and whereabouts. As for the article you posted, the moron called Oliver Vodasov is apparently annoyed that Macedonia accuses Bulgaria of a covertly expansionist agenda. Yet the only way to claim Bulgarian citizenship is to "prove" you're a Bulgarian. Ironic, as Bulgaria surely considers this as a first step towards expansionism. They couldn't get the Macedonians to willingly become Bulgarians, now they offer a carrot just because they're in the EU. Why don't you pull up some statistics and see how many Macedonians tried to get Bulgarian citizenship before Bulgaria became part of the EU? That will give you a good indication of how sincere these new Bulgarian citizens are. Look at what the article says:
                        To prove Bulgarian origin, it is enough for Macedonian citizens just to declare it........Virtually every Macedonian of Slavic origin is eligible to claim a Bulgarian passport......
                        Idiots. Bulgaria thinks it's playing a smart game but what they are really doing is inviting the Macedonian version of a Trojan Horse within its borders. I hope it blows up in their face come census time in the future. That's of course if Bulgaria even has the decency to allow Macedonians to freely record their ethnicity as Macedonian after they misleadingly claimed to be Bulgarians for the sake of an EU passport. Given their treatment of Macedonians indigenous to that region, I foresee problems there too.
                        In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                          • Apr 2014

That would be a valid point though we don't even recognise ourselves.

VMRO vs SDSM
                          Egajci vs Vardar
                          Seljaci vs Gradski
                          Diaspora vs Locals
                          Serbophiles vs Bulgarophiles
                          Patrioti vs non patrioti

I have even had people in Macedonia tell me to my face that I am not Macedonian..

All cool bro..
                          What divide is there between Egejci and Vardarci? I am Egej and have many Vardar friends and am not aware of this, we're both still Macedonian

Village vs City is something that exists in every country

Diaspora vs Locals also exists in every country

Serbophiles and Bulgarophiles are no where near as prevelant as they used to be
                          I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                            What divide is there between Egejci and Vardarci? I am Egej and have many Vardar friends and am not aware of this, we're both still Macedonian

Village vs City is something that exists in every country

Diaspora vs Locals also exists in every country

Serbophiles and Bulgarophiles are no where near as prevelant as they used to be
                            I've spoken to people on both sides of the Agean border and have endured casual derogatory comments from both sides in relation to the other.

Personally speaking, I just don't see the logic in any vitriol directed at Bulgarians. We are culturally alike, a large proportion of the Bulgarian population would have Macedonian lineage. I once was in Lerin, the majority of people I spoke to identified as Macedonian, though one older fella who spoke perfect Macedonian identified as Greek, he went on to tell me that he teaches our language to his grandkids and that was their preferred language. Whilst he claimed to be Greek, to me he was, linguistically, culturally Macedonian. Did I agree with him no? do I hate him? No

Today we have Macedonian mothers that wear black, children without fathers and the terrorists who took them away for no good reason sit in parliament collecting fat pay cheques well and truly in the public eye. I think it would be more logical to direct our vitriol at the these evil farkers.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Personally speaking, I just don't see the logic in any vitriol directed at Bulgarians.
                              Vitriol is another word for harsh criticism. You don't think they're worthy of criticism if/when they deny our identity? You don't see anything wrong with the way many of their people and politicians have behaved towards us? I think your one personal experience has clouded your judgement. This is not about attacking Bulgarians for no reason. That's not what our people are about. It is about defending ourselves. Macedonians are not the instigators here.

Comment

• vicsinad
                                • May 2011

It's not about directing vitriol at the Bulgarians. When a Bulgarian doesn't recognize Macedonian as a separate ethnic group, language and identity, he deserves as little respect as he gives. The Bulgarian agenda to covet Macedonia is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) contributing factors as to why Macedonia has had such a difficult path to independence and recognition as a separate people. And to echo SoM, Bulgaria is very deceptive with its "friendly" propaganda toward Macedonians.

Comment

Working...
                                X