X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pelagonija
    • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
    Vitriol is another word for harsh criticism. You don't think they're worthy of criticism if/when they deny our identity? You don't see anything wrong with the way many of their people and politicians have behaved towards us? I think your one personal experience has clouded your judgement. This is not about attacking Bulgarians for no reason. That's not what our people are about. It is about defending ourselves. Macedonians are not the instigators here.
    Sorry mate, I don't think they deserve to be criticised as long as they are not harming us like the Greeks with various embargos. You can't force people to think differently. If anything I am critical of the Macedonians who are selling out our country and the people that vote and condone it. We need to defend ourselves from ourselves.

Time to move on from the Titoist mentality.

Comment

• vicsinad
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Pelagonija View Post

It's not the Titoist mentality. It's the Sandansky/Delchev/Misirkov mentality.

Comment

• Pelagonija
        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
        It's not the Titoist mentality. It's the Sandansky/Delchev/Misirkov mentality.
        I don't see how that's relevant to this conversation when today we have turned Macedonian majority Towns/cities like Struga, kicevo and Skopje artificially bilingual and some governed by Albanians by incorporating Albanian villages into the municipality with exaggerated populations. Whilst the Bulgarians see us as their little brother, we on the other hand are doing our best to diminish what those persons you mentioned fought for.

Of course the Bulgarians are easy targets for false nationalism. I still don't see the logic. I did not receieve a diploma from Druze titos educational system.
        Last edited by Pelagonija; 05-30-2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

• vicsinad
          • May 2011

I don't see how that's relevant to this conversation when today we have turned Macedonian majority Towns/cities like Struga, kicevo and Skopje artificially bilingual and some governed by Albanians by incorporating Albanian villages into the municipality with exaggerated populations. Whilst the Bulgarians see us as their little brother, we on the other hand are doing our best to diminish what those persons you mentioned fought for.

Of course the Bulgarians are easy targets for false nationalism. I still don't see the logic. I did not receieve a diploma from Druze titos educational system.
          It's perfectly relevant because all three of them warned incessantly about the dangers and true colors of Bulgaria. It wasn't Tito that invented this animosity toward Bulgaria -- so SoM's thinking and reasoning has nothing to do with Tito's educational system, but rather a purely pro-Macedonian line of thought It has been 150 years of Bulgarian policy that says Macedonians don't exist, that Macedonians are really Bulgarians, etc. Bulgaria directly and indirectly kept Macedonia down for decades. If you think Bulgaria's refusal to recognize the Macedonian identity and language and nation is just a matter of them thinking we're their little brothers, you're sorely mistaken.

Sandanski died at the hands of Macedonians who were working for the Bulgarian machine. Misirkov's books on pro-Macedonian identity and independence were banned and burned by the Bulgarian authorities. Just because Macedonia has internal problems amongst themselves and with Albanians, it doesn't give the Bulgarian agenda a pass. So giving the Bulgarian line of reasoning a pass because Albanians are causing problems in Macedonia is what diminishes what our ancestors fought and strived for.

Comment

• Risto the Great
            • Sep 2008

Sorry mate, I don't think they deserve to be criticised as long as they are not harming us like the Greeks with various embargos.
            I would hope nobody is telling you to hate Bulgarians. Same goes for Greeks or Serbs or Albanians for that matter. The issue being discussed is the national policy of each of these neighbouring nations and the agenda they are following. All of whom seek to diminish our identity. Bulgarians are no more nice than any of them in this regard.
            Risto the Great
            MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
            "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

I don't think they deserve to be criticised as long as they are not harming us like the Greeks with various embargos.
              Albanians and Serbs don't have "various embargos" against Macedonia either. Should they also be free from criticism when they insult us?
              You can't force people to think differently.
              I am not forcing you to do anything. I am giving you a more informed perspective on the situation in the hope that it would appeal to your logic. If instead you find more comfort in the warm and cozy feeling you had whilst travelling through Sofia, that is your choice.
              So you have no issue insulting your own people with a statement such as the one above, but are vehemently opposed to criticising Bulgarians when they insult you? Interesting. Perhaps your own mentality has been shaped by a little more than just a trip there. Or perhaps you're just an adolescent who still has much to learn about this topic. I'm hoping it is the latter, because then you would eventually understand that our reaction would be similar even if it is was another group of people who are chauvinistic towards us.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                I would hope nobody is telling you to hate Bulgarians. Same goes for Greeks or Serbs or Albanians for that matter. The issue being discussed is the national policy of each of these neighbouring nations and the agenda they are following. All of whom seek to diminish our identity. Bulgarians are no more nice than any of them in this regard.
                Originally posted by vicsinad
                Just because Macedonia has internal problems amongst themselves and with Albanians, it doesn't give the Bulgarian agenda a pass.
                Yes - Exactly.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
                  • Apr 2014

I've spoken to people on both sides of the Agean border and have endured casual derogatory comments from both sides in relation to the other.
                  Some Egejci do resent those from the Republic but I wouldn't call it any kind of divide.
                  I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Bulgaria also does harm us just like Greece does, completely untrue to claim they are not.
                    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                      Some Egejci do resent those from the Republic but I wouldn't call it any kind of divide.
                      It is a divide and it goes both ways and is precisely what is hoped to happen when artificial borders are inserted into a nation.
                      Risto the Great
                      MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                      "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Pelagonija
                        • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                        Albanians and Serbs don't have "various embargos" against Macedonia either. Should they also be free from criticism when they insult us?

I am not forcing you to do anything. I am giving you a more informed perspective on the situation in the hope that it would appeal to your logic. If instead you find more comfort in the warm and cozy feeling you had whilst travelling through Sofia, that is your choice.

So you have no issue insulting your own people with a statement such as the one above, but are vehemently opposed to criticising Bulgarians when they insult you? Interesting. Perhaps your own mentality has been shaped by a little more than just a trip there. Or perhaps you're just an adolescent who still has much to learn about this topic. I'm hoping it is the latter, because then you would eventually understand that our reaction would be similar even if it is was another group of people who are chauvinistic towards us.
                        I was referring to not being able to change the Bulgarians not me personally. And yes I have no problems insulting our sell out people in case you havent been watching the freak show that is modern Macedonia.

The Bulgarians or anyone else can think whatever they like regarding our identity at the end of the day, point is we are the ones selling our country. Hence say they get a free pass.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Risto the Great View Post
                          No one insinuated that someone is forcing me to hate anyone. We are diminishing our own identity in ROM

Comment

• Pelagonija
                            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                            Bulgaria also does harm us just like Greece does, completely untrue to claim they are not.
                            Not sure, my auntie from Resen lived through the Greek embargo. She used to say they wouldn't have kibri if it wasn't for the Bulgars..
                            Last edited by Pelagonija; 05-31-2017, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• Pelagonija
                              • Mar 2017

Originally posted by vicsinad View Post
                              It's perfectly relevant because all three of them warned incessantly about the dangers and true colors of Bulgaria. It wasn't Tito that invented this animosity toward Bulgaria -- so SoM's thinking and reasoning has nothing to do with Tito's educational system, but rather a purely pro-Macedonian line of thought It has been 150 years of Bulgarian policy that says Macedonians don't exist, that Macedonians are really Bulgarians, etc. Bulgaria directly and indirectly kept Macedonia down for decades. If you think Bulgaria's refusal to recognize the Macedonian identity and language and nation is just a matter of them thinking we're their little brothers, you're sorely mistaken.

Sandanski died at the hands of Macedonians who were working for the Bulgarian machine. Misirkov's books on pro-Macedonian identity and independence were banned and burned by the Bulgarian authorities. Just because Macedonia has internal problems amongst themselves and with Albanians, it doesn't give the Bulgarian agenda a pass. So giving the Bulgarian line of reasoning a pass because Albanians are causing problems in Macedonia is what diminishes what our ancestors fought and strived for.
                              Exactly Sandanski died at the hands of Macedonians. Look at Struga, Kicevo. We put in Albanian mayors and dual language, Macedonians lost jobs, status hence we are diminishing ourselves. These are Macedonian majority towns. We are the problem.
                              Last edited by Pelagonija; 05-31-2017, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Not sure, my auntie from Resen lived through the Greek embargo. She used to say they wouldn't have kibri if it wasn't for the Bulgars..
                                Bulgaria and Albania BOTH provided economic relief to Macedonia but look how Albania treat us, it means nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X