X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    Banned
    • Jan 2011

dont get me wrong Daskale, Your probably right in him being a Vlach.
    I was just saying...Anyway its a good topic.

Comment

• El Bre
      • Sep 2008

The name tasku or tashku looks iranian to me.

Comment

• Daskalot
        • Sep 2008

ANNEX 21
        Athens, Thursday 8th May 1903

FROM BITOLA
        INTERVIEW WITH A MEMBER OF THE COMMITTEE

In Bitola I had the... pleasure and honor of meeting with a bulgarianised Macedonian teacher, a member of the Committee named Karev.

With this man I met by chance in the hotel of "Monastiri" or "Otel Monastir" as they say it in Bitola. First of all this gentleman was very hesitant towards me. Prior though we were introduced by a Greek from Krushovo Papagouda was his name.

Although there was some suspicious glares on him (Karev), He did not hesitate to tell me he was Bulgar leaning and member of the Committee.
        I have added the last parts of the translation, namely the title of this passage and the date.
        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Pelister
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
          In what language was this interview conducted? The interview is entered in Greek in Ion's book but was it conducted in Greek as well? Or was it conducted in Turkish or even Macedonian? What are your opinions on this?
          Important questions, plus who is 'Ion'? Can the interview be corroborated because this tesimony contradicts secret Greek government finding.

Comment

• Lorenzo
            • Feb 2010

Comment

• George S.
              • Aug 2009

lorenzo see if you can provide a suitable translation as the google translation doesn't work.
              "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
              GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Daskalot
                • Sep 2008

Nice to see the final page of the interview. Thank you Lorenzo.
                Voltron, you did a great job translating the first part, could you do the same with the last page as well?

Comment

• DedoAleko
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
                  The name tasku or tashku looks iranian to me.
                  My grandmothers birth name was Taska (Tashka). Her family's origin is from Krushevo. When I talked with her about the origin of her name and the possibility of being a Valachi or non Macedonian, she specifically told me that her parents and grandparents were Macedonians from Krushevo.

It is interesting to add that when the bulgars came they changed and issued her new documents with new name-Nadezda, but soon the serbs came and they did the same thing,but she got her third name this time-Nada.

Edit:
                  Taska-Meaning of the name
                  (Latin) born on Christmas;(old greek) ressurection

[ syll. tas-ka, ta-ska ] The baby girl name Taska is pronounced as TAESKah †. Taska is used predominantly in Latvian, Lithuanian, and Russian, and its origin is Old Greek and Latin.

Taska is a variation (Latvian, Lithuanian, and Russian) of the name Anastasia (English, German, Greek, and Russian).
                  Taska is also a variation (Russian) of the name Natalie (English, French, and German).
                  izvor: http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Taska
                  Last edited by DedoAleko; 11-03-2011, 07:50 AM.

Comment

• Voltron
                    Banned
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                    Nice to see the final page of the interview. Thank you Lorenzo.
                    Voltron, you did a great job translating the first part, could you do the same with the last page as well?
                    I saw the last part posted somewhere. You can see the left side doesnt show that great.

- Karev didnt answer me. I ask...And now after the latest developments, what do you plan to do ?
                    - Nothing else but to continue the struggle.
                    - Yes, but dont you know through the manual struggle is a struggle of cowardly " its blurry but i am assuming he means actions "
                    - Its unimportant as long as it meets our goal.
                    - "blurry" doesnt murder bother you ?
                    - As long as its for the good of one's people
                    - "blurry again" These are they types of teachers you had and the education you learnt, or as "blurry" Greece during/against Mastrogianni, Bulgaria and his ?. Again he did not answer me but only got up and slowly went towards his room as others behind him in other areas of the hotel " ? blurry " at his words.

Il try to refine it later, or look for a better shot of that page.

Comment

• Daskalot
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Voltron View Post
                      I saw the last part posted somewhere. You can see the left side doesnt show that great.

- Karev didnt answer me. I ask...And now after the latest developments, what do you plan to do ?
                      - Nothing else but to continue the struggle.
                      - Yes, but dont you know through the manual struggle is a struggle of cowardly " its blurry but i am assuming he means actions "
                      - Its unimportant as long as it meets our goal.
                      - "blurry" doesnt murder bother you ?
                      - As long as its for the good of one's people
                      - "blurry again" These are they types of teachers you had and the education you learnt, or as "blurry" Greece during/against Mastrogianni, Bulgaria and his ?. Again he did not answer me but only got up and slowly went towards his room as others behind him in other areas of the hotel " ? blurry " at his words.

Il try to refine it later, or look for a better shot of that page.

Thank you Voltron, it seems to correlate well with the English translation at the beginning of this thread.
                      If there is a better scan/photo available please provide it, or maybe Lorenzo can make a new scan?

Comment

• Perun
                        • Jul 2012

Wow, thank you for this! I realize that the thread is over a year old, but I just have to say I enjoyed reading Karev's interview very much. He was a wise and practical man - as were many other of our revolutionaries. When you've suffered 500 years of Ottoman tirany, you take what help is offered to you and break free.
                        Only those who try to resist temptation know how strong it is

Comment

Working...
                        X