Macedonians noted on a voyage to the Holy Land, 1483!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

Macedonians noted on a voyage to the Holy Land, 1483!

Title page.

Table of content.

Page 313.

Page 317.

Source: "First-Class Passenger" by August Mencken, 1938, page 313 and 317.

Macedonians are noted as galley slaves on the ship that is en route to the Holy Land in 1483.

Enjoy
    Macedonian Truth Organisation
  • Daskalot
    • Sep 2008

These galleyslaves are for the most part the bought slaves of the captain, or else they are men of low station, or prisoners, or men who have run away, or been driven out of their own countries, or exiles, or such as are so unhappy that they cannot live or gain a livelihood ashore. Whenever there is any fear of their making their escape, they are secured to their benches by chains. As a rule they are Macedonians, and men from Albania, Achaia, Illyria and Sclavonia; and sometimes there are among them Turks and Saracens, who, however, conceal their religion. I never saw a German galleyslave, because no German could survive such misery. They are so accustomed to their misery that they work feebly and to no purpose unless someone stands over them and beats them like asses and curses them.
    Source: The Book of the Wanderings of Felix Fabri (Circa 1480-1483 A.D.) trans. Aubrey Stewart. 2 vols. London: Palestine Pilgrims' Text Society, 1896.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
      • Sep 2008

As a rule they are Macedonians. How far is the Macedonian reach! Well done Daskale.
      In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Daniel the Great
        • Nov 2009

Great find Daskalot, this just further proves our Macedonian identity as a continuous one.

Comment

• Bratot
          • Sep 2008

1483!!!

This is great!
          The purpose of the media is not to make you to think that the name must be changed, but to get you into debate - what name would suit us! - Bratot

Comment

• Daskalot
            • Sep 2008

Thank you, remember, there is so much more to find.
            If everyone of us visited their local libraries and such then we could present findings like this every day for the next 10 years. This is a fact.
            I have so much collected that I do not have time to go thru it all, if I had I could myself present a unique find every day for the next 10 years

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
              If everyone of us visited their local libraries and such then we could present findings like this every day for the next 10 years. This is a fact.
              I have so much collected that I do not have time to go thru it all, if I had I could myself present a unique find every day for the next 10 years
              Thank you for the first post and this Daskale. Tito and his time machine are as active as ever
              Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Sovius
                • Apr 2009

An excellent addition! Sometimes a simple observation can say more than an entire treatise.

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

I remember reading a newspaper article historical section that when christopher columbus sailed to america he had a macedonian on board.The macedonian's name was dragan.
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• Lügendetektor
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                    I remember reading a newspaper article historical section that when christopher columbus sailed to america he had a macedonian on board.The macedonian's name was dragan.
                    Македонецот Драган од Охрид еден од екипажот на експедицијата на Кристофер Колумбо
                    Вечерта на 3 август, 1492, Колумбо отпловил од Палос со три бродови, „Св. Марија“, „Ниња“, и „Пинта“.По 29 денови без да видат копно, на 7 октомври, 1492 (запишано во бродскиот дневник), посадата приметила птици како летаат накај запад и веднаш го променила правецот за да ги следат птиците накај копното.

Comment

• Pelister
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                      I understand what your saying. Wouldn't that be the greatest job of all? I can imagine getting paid to dig around old archives and libraries for stuff about the Macedonians. I'm (slowly) going through 19th century British newspapers, and I have been blown away by some of the things I have found.

Comment

Working...
                      X