Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Carlin
    • Dec 2011

The Ilinden Uprising from the Greek point of view.

The following is a set of various segments put together for the purpose of this article on Krushevo from the upcoming book Macedonia, A Pass to Time, A Bridge to Infinity, (© 2014) by Marcus Alexander Templar.

URL:

The Myth of Liberation: 1903 - The “People’s Republic of Krushevo”

Comment

• VMRO
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Carlin15 View Post
      The Ilinden Uprising from the Greek point of view.

The following is a set of various segments put together for the purpose of this article on Krushevo from the upcoming book Macedonia, A Pass to Time, A Bridge to Infinity, (© 2014) by Marcus Alexander Templar.

URL:

The Myth of Liberation: 1903 - The “People’s Republic of Krushevo”

Wow Marcus Templar, he is one looney toon who has a small following of Ancient Hellene descendants on Social Media who believe they're Spartans.
      Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Liberator of Makedonija
        • Apr 2014

The uprising outside the Manastır Vilayet

I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Carlin
          • Dec 2011

Germany's role in crushing Ilinden

In 1912 an unnamed Western diplomat writing for an American newspaper claimed that he had first hand knowledge of Germany's role in crushing the Ilinden Uprising: "in 1903 the Macedonian insurrection had to be suppressed by the German government," he wrote.

Please see link for full aricle:
          How a British colonial war in South Africa (1899-1902) impacted the Ilinden Uprising in Macedonia in 1903 ...

The link/article has many images, pictures and screenshots so it's not easy to copy and paste everything.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Whilst I have no evidence on handy, I have encountered this quite a few times over the last year or so that Germany assisted the Ottomans during the uprising.
            I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Carlin
              • Dec 2011

French wikipedia entry on Vangel Dinu (Dunu):

Vangel Dinu was a young Vlach from Kruševo, then in the Ottoman Empire, who was elected prime minister of the republic of the same name on August 3, 1903, during the Ilinden uprising aimed at the emancipation of Macedonia from the Ottoman Empire.

He led this entity, chaired by Nikola Karev, with Teohari Nescu, Georgi Cace, Pitu Guli also from the city's Vlach community. The Ottoman gendarmerie violently repressed this movement on August 13, 1903.

URL:

According to Serbian "Balcanica", on page 300 it is explained that in 1895 the VMRO committee branch was formed in Kruševo which featured the following prominent members Taki Liapu, Teoharaki Kihailu, Kola Boiadzi, Tircu Stavre Borjar, Tega Hertu, Pitu Gaki Skaperda, Laki Gorcu, and many others who fought for liberation from the Turks.

It also explains how the city council, which elected the temporary government, consisted of several ministers and the president/PM of the government; the names being the same as specified above in the French wikipedia entry on Vangel Dinu.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                • Sep 2008

Watch this clip. It has the testimonies of Macedonians from Kruševo who were contemporaries of the Ilinden revolutionaries. One of the ladies makes reference to an event she attended where some of the leaders were gathered in a house to discuss the uprising. She said that an attendee exclaimed "Long live brotherly Bulgaria". Pitu Guli got up angrily and said "What brotherly Bulgaria! We came out for Macedonia. We didn't come out for brotherly Bulgaria!"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The individual that was chastised by Pitu Guli may have been one of those people that actually believed the lie that Bulgaria would militarily support the revolutionaries as they attempted to liberate Macedonia.
                In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Chicho Makedonski
                  • Feb 2019

What would be the closest ‘military’ name for the Macedonian revolutionaries and freedom fighters? They were kind of soldiers but not in an army, in the Macedonian Revolutionary Organisation. Perhaps just Macedonian revolutionary soldiers would be the closest military explanation for them.

Comment

• Risto the Great
                    • Sep 2008

Partisan works for me.
                    Risto the Great
                    MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                    "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• Vangelovski
                      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Chicho Makedonski View Post
                      What would be the closest ‘military’ name for the Macedonian revolutionaries and freedom fighters? They were kind of soldiers but not in an army, in the Macedonian Revolutionary Organisation. Perhaps just Macedonian revolutionary soldiers would be the closest military explanation for them.
                      I think Komiti is the word you're looking for. Or do you mean in English?
                      If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

The Revolution was in the minds and hearts of the people; a change in their religious sentiments, of their duties and obligations...This radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the people was the real American Revolution. John Adams

Comment

• Apr 2014

Originally posted by Chicho Makedonski View Post
                        Komiti (from the Turkish Komitadji, meaning 'committee member) is the term usually used. Četnici (or Chetnik, meaning a member of a četa/armed band) was commonly used historically as well.

Comment

• Karposh
                          • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                          Komiti (from the Turkish Komitadji, meaning 'committee member) is the term usually used. Četnici (or Chetnik, meaning a member of a četa/armed band) was commonly used historically as well.
                          I don't believe that the Macedonian word Komiti derives from the Turkish word Komitadji but rather both derive, as you correctly point out, from the English words for 'committee member'. By default, all Macedonian fighters belonged to the Macedonian Committee, i.e. Makedonski Komitet and were therefore all known as Komiti.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Karposh View Post
                            I don't believe that the Macedonian word Komiti derives from the Turkish word Komitadji but rather both derive, as you correctly point out, from the English words for 'committee member'. By default, all Macedonian fighters belonged to the Macedonian Committee, i.e. Makedonski Komitet and were therefore all known as Komiti.
                            Here is a discussion on the topic from some years ago:

In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                            X