Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Liberator of Makedonija
    • Apr 2014

"The fight for the liberation of Macedonia will continue unless autonomous administration is achieved for the three parts of the province, currently seperated amongst Serbia, Greece and Bulgaria......A unified, independent or autonomous Macedonia could be placed under the protection of the League of Nations or one of the Great Powers, its members, or it could even enter a Yugoslav state as an equal member in a federation, if the Serbs accept a federalist arrangement for the new state"

- Letter addressed to Organisation members from Todor Aleksandrov (28/6/1920)
    I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

For all the talk of Aleksandrov being some kind of right-wing figure in our history, the man endorsed the Communist Party of Yugoslavia during the 1920 election: the party was most successful in Vardar Macedonia that year
      I know of two tragic histories in the world- that of Ireland, and that of Macedonia. Both of them have been deprived and tormented.

Comment

• Apr 2014

"When the Macedonian organisation decides to take action, it is not initiated by its forces from Bulgaria, only from the other side, from all of Macedonia"

- Todor Aleksandrov interview in the Romanian newspaper 'Univerzul', speaking on the claims by Serbia that Macedonian komiti cross over from Bulgarian territory

Comment

• Apr 2014

Todor Aleksandrov envisioned a federal Yugoslav republic consisting of the following autonomous states: Montenegro, Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia, Banat, Serbia, Macedonia and Bulgaria. He also raised the possibility of transforming the Yugoslav federation into a Balkan one with the future inclusions of Albania, Greece and Romania. He claimed Macedonia as a land inhabited by Bulgarians, Greeks, Turks, Albanians and Vlachs.

- From a letter by Aleksandrov addressed to the Yugoslav consul in Geneva, Jovan Jovičević in September 1923

Comment

• Apr 2014

A letter written by Aleksandrov and addressed to the revolutionary regions (25/9/1922) states that VMRO(A) in Pirin Macedonia is "independent and non-partisan" and will not "interfere in the internal affairs of the Bulgarian principality".

Many of such declarations were made during Aleksandrov's leadership of VMRO(A)

Comment

• Apr 2014

Aleksandrov declined to assist the Bulgarian Communist Party in its uprising against the government of Aleksandar Tsankov, decaring "We, the Macedonians, are now in government. The government of Tsankov is our government...."

Aleksandrov further justified his actions against the partisans during the uprising by condemning their choice to conduct activity in the district of Petrič, claiming "This territory [Pirin Macedonia] exists outside of the affairs of the Principality [Bulgaria], counting that this is not Bulgaria, but Macedonia and accordingly is within the space of the sovereign occupation of VMRO"
              Last edited by Liberator of Makedonija; 12-18-2020, 01:27 AM.

Comment

• Apr 2014

At the time VMRO(A) first established contact with the Soviet Union in 1924, Todor Aleksandrov had already been establishing relations between the organisation and the Kosovar Committee, the Croatian Peasant Republican Party and unspecified "Montenegrin revolutionaries"

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

LoM, I can appreciate that you're taking an interest in topics such as Aleksandrov, VMRO-A and the controversies that surround them, but a number of your recent posts almost seem like notes in a scrapbook. I assume you're using Todorovski's biography or compilation of letters for information on these topics. Why don't you at least cite the source, page number and quote some of the text when you're producing information? That way it can be validated and referenced by others.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Apr 2014

SoM, I have realised whilst posting these I should have recorded page numbers which I did not. Next time I go through a book like this I will but for this one all I can confirm is that the information is all taken from Zoran Todorovski's biography which includes an extensive bibliography

Comment

• Apr 2014

Interview with Goce Delčev's grand-niece from 12 minutes in

She claims people like Todor Aleksandrov were traitors and recalls an incident during the 20th anniversary of the Ilinden Uprising in Sofia where a speaker praising Aleksandrov was condemned by the Delčev family. (All according to the Wikipedia article on her that cites this interview as reference).

Посмртното патување на Гоце Делчев
                      Last edited by Liberator of Makedonija; 06-18-2021, 06:15 AM.

Comment

• VMRO
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Liberator of Makedonija View Post
                        Interview with Goce Delčev's grand-niece from 12 minutes in

She claims people like Todor Aleksandrov were traitors and recalls an incident during the 20th anniversary of the Ilinden Uprising in Sofia where a speaker praising Aleksandrov was condemned by the Delčev family. (All according to the Wikipedia article on her that cites this interview as reference).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8yI...GoranMarkovski

Aleksandrov's first decision after taking the helm of VMRO in 1919 was to give a pension of 500 leva to Gotse Delchev's father.
                        Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• VMRO
                          • Sep 2008

Todor alexandrov: Macedonia is the land of alexander the great of macedonia!

The Macedonian revolutionary Todor Aleksandrov in an interview dated November 2, 1923 described Macedonia as the land of Alexander the Great, of St. Cyril and Methodius and St. Clement of Ohrid. Aleksandrov was interviewed by the Vienna newspaper "Reichspost" (Reichspost) less than a year before he was killed on the orders of the Bulgarian imperial court, which, in turn, continuously aimed to infiltrate and take over VMRO and suppress the struggle for an independent Macedonian state. In the interview, Aleksadrov clearly points out the Macedonians as a special people and mentions other minorities living in Macedonia - Turks, Albanians, Greeks and others. Aleksandrov explained that the terrible conditions caused by the terror of the occupying authorities in divided Macedonia convinced him that the Macedonian people can be freed only by an independent struggle and only through a strong fighting organization.

"Even during my first stay in Macedonia, I managed to create a dense network of organizations, in whose ranks are recruited not only Macedonians but also other minorities, such as Turks, Albanians, Romanians, and even Greeks. There are no local Serbs in Macedonia at all. ... The whole nation, all Macedonians are my soldiers, while I am only the first of them in the fight. The claim of the Serbs that the Macedonian troops are trained in Bulgaria and cross the borders is just a legend. All of us who were born in the land of Alexander the Great, Cyril and Methodius and St. Kliment, we are one in flesh and blood. Our aspirations can be summed up in the following words: Freedom or death! It is true when I say that there is no power on Earth that cannot destroy our Organization without risking bleeding…”

SOURCE: Reichspost, Vienna, November 2, 1923, p. 3-4.
                          Verata vo Mislite, VMRO vo dushata, Makedonia vo Srceto.

Vnatreshna Makedonska Revolucionerna Organizacija.

Comment

• Apr 2014

Great find VMRO.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by VMRO View Post
                              Aleksandrov's first decision after taking the helm of VMRO in 1919 was to give a pension of 500 leva to Gotse Delchev's father.
                              If one were to give Aleksandrov the benefit of doubt, his gesture towards the father of Delčev was done out of respect for his son and the impact he had on the Macedonian liberation movement. A less sympathetic view may question his motives. The gesture is somewhat ironic given that the new VMRO established by Aleksandrov in 1919 was not exactly an ideological successor of the old MRO in which Delčev featured as the most prominent figure, not least because it was infested with supremacist tendencies from the very beginning. It was also vehemently opposed by friends of Delčev, such as Dimo Hadži Dimov and Gjorče Petrov. One only needs to read other statements made by Aleksandrov during that same period to understand some of his misguided sentiments. It would be a little while before he made some progress towards correcting his perspectives, but, by then, it was too late.
                              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

Working...
                              X