Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • El Bre
    • Sep 2008

Where is that quote from Pavlos Melas? I think Yannaki needs to have a look at it.

Comment

• johnMKD
      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
      Where is that quote from Pavlos Melas? I think Yannaki needs to have a look at it.
      Thanks for the short name, El Bre. What are you referring to?
      Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• El Bre
        • Sep 2008

Here's something that was originally posted by SoM;

Pavlos Melas was not a Macedonian or from Macedonia, and fought for the Greek cause to usurp Macedonia into the Greek state. During his time in Macedonia he spent several months with local Macedonians that had sided or remained with the Patriarchate against the Exarchate, one of these being Konstantin 'Kote' Hristov.

Despite the artificially constructed 'confusion' of some modern Greeks today, there was no confusion in Pavlos Melas where he clinically refers to the local language of the Macedonian people as Macedonian.

Quote:
        .........Pirzas translated emotionally, loudly, and with a lot of passion, as Kota spoke Macedonian..............

If the great 'Greek' hero Pavlos Melas can call the language Macedonian in 1904, what right have some modern Greeks to criminally try and force the Macedonians to change their historic identity in 2009? The Macedonian Truth will never be erased. Melas knew exactly what the language was called, and he went to the effort of familiarizing himself with it, as the below indicates.

Quote:
        I learned Macedonian words that I say to women and mothers, which pleases them........

Modern Greeks shouldn't close their eyes to the truth, if a hero of Greece like Pavlos Melas can see and recognize the existence of the Macedonian language, who is some fat Souvlaki seller with roots in Turkey to say otherwsie?
        PS, If you want to know about any particular Macedonian villages, send me a PM.
        Last edited by El Bre; 04-26-2010, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• osiris
          • Sep 2008

johnmkd many of my relatives were in your boat too, all lost and now realizing who they truly are.
          i hope you are sincere in your pursuit of truth,

i must say again modern greeks are not who they claim to be and their propaganda about macedonia is based on cynical political considerations not historical truth.

Comment

• johnMKD
            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by El Bre View Post
            Here's something that was originally posted by SoM;

PS, If you want to know about any particular Macedonian villages, send me a PM.
            Thanks El Bre for the quote. Is there any chance I can find this as it was written in Greek? It'll be really interesting to read Melas admitting that the language is called Macedonian. I did some more research in the web, and I've found somewhere an old Greek census calling us, the people of the Greek region of Macedonia, as "Slavomacedonians"! [Maybe you guys have already talked about this, but I haven't managed to read everything from this forum yet.]
            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD
              It'll be really interesting to read Melas admitting that the language is called Macedonian
              Do you find it hard to believe? Don't. Instead, read his collection of letters to his wife that have been compiled and released by his descendant Natalia Melas, in 1964.

Pavlos Melas was not a Macedonian or from Macedonia, and fought for the Greek cause to usurp Macedonia into the Greek state. During his time in Macedonia he spent several months with local Macedonians that had sided or remained with the Patriarchate against the Exarchate, one of these being Konstantin 'Kote' Hristov. Despite

I can put the Greek version up here, but it will take a few days.
              In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• johnMKD
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                Do you find it hard to believe? Don't. Instead, read his collection of letters to his wife that have been compiled and released by his descendant Natalia Melas, in 1964.

Pavlos Melas was not a Macedonian or from Macedonia, and fought for the Greek cause to usurp Macedonia into the Greek state. During his time in Macedonia he spent several months with local Macedonians that had sided or remained with the Patriarchate against the Exarchate, one of these being Konstantin 'Kote' Hristov. Despite

I can put the Greek version up here, but it will take a few days.
                On the contrary, SoM, I believe he may have done it. However, if you could also put on the Greek version, I'd really appreciate it. It will be a basis for many other to see that as well [hopefully].

Even as simply as in the Wikipedia one can find maps of the region before 1900, distinctively naming the people of today's Greek part of Macedonia as "non-Greek". Depending on their own interests (I guess) I've found maps calling us "Slavs", "Bulgarians", "Slavomacedonians", but no "Greeks" (?)
                Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                  • Sep 2008

Depending on their own interests (I guess) I've found maps calling us "Slavs", "Bulgarians", "Slavomacedonians", but no "Greeks" (?)
                  There are also those that refer to us as simply Macedonians.
                  In the name of the blood and the sun, the dagger and the gun, Christ protect this soldier, a lion and a Macedonian.

Comment

• Pelister
                    • Sep 2008

Daskalot,

It is important that you have noticed this, because these New Greeks have eraced everything. Well done.

Comment

• johnMKD
                      • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Soldier of Macedon View Post
                      There are also those that refer to us as simply Macedonians.
                      I'd be really interested in seeing this. Could you post this map, please.
                      Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Daskalot
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by johnMKD View Post
                        I'd be really interested in seeing this. Could you post this map, please.
                        Here you go John, http://www.macedoniantruth.org/categ...cedonian-maps/
                        Macedonian Truth Organisation

Comment

• Daskalot
                          • Sep 2008

Thanks El Bre for the quote. Is there any chance I can find this as it was written in Greek? It'll be really interesting to read Melas admitting that the language is called Macedonian. I did some more research in the web, and I've found somewhere an old Greek census calling us, the people of the Greek region of Macedonia, as "Slavomacedonians"! [Maybe you guys have already talked about this, but I haven't managed to read everything from this forum yet.]
                          Here is something by Spirou Melas, I do not know if he is related to Pavlos. He was a soldier in the Balkan Wars. http://www.macedoniantruth.org/2008/...nian-language/

Comment

• johnMKD
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                            Originally posted by Daskalot View Post
                            Here is something by Spirou Melas, I do not know if he is related to Pavlos. He was a soldier in the Balkan Wars. http://www.macedoniantruth.org/2008/...nian-language/
                            Thanks a lot for both Daskalot.
                            Back then everything was Macedonian...common logic. Today, common logic instructs otherwise. I'm really enjoying being here, guys!

PS-Regarding the maps: I can see both my villages are within this region
                            Last edited by johnMKD; 04-28-2010, 03:53 AM.
                            Macedonian and proud!

Comment

• Daskalot
                              • Sep 2008

Thanks a lot for both Daskalot.
                              Back then everything was Macedonian...common logic. Today, common logic instructs otherwise. I'm really enjoying being here, guys!

PS-Regarding the maps: I can see both my villages are within this region
                              No problem, the Truth is out there it has just been hidden from us. But we Macedonians are no fools, we know where to find it.

Comment

• Soldier of Macedon
                                • Sep 2008

Back then everything was Macedonian...common logic. Today, common logic instructs otherwise.
                                I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, would you mind clarifying, because I wouldn't agree that "everything" was Macedonian back then, nor would I agree to the opposite today. Logic is usually found between the extremes.

Comment

Working...
                                X