X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatso
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by momce View Post
    no anyone who has been to the greece can tell its total orientalised country...has no relation to europe....greece has been using that ancient constructed history to explain why hasnt done jack shit in the last 2000 years
    bullocks..

Comment

• momce
      Banned
      • Oct 2012

greece is European? why is it a national disaster zone..its more like a Middle Eastern country actually...

Comment

• fatso
        • Sep 2008

greece is European? why is it a national disaster zone..its more like a Middle Eastern country actually...
        Out of respect for Macedonians and some friends I have here on this forum. I will not post information that contradicts your nonsense statements.

Comment

• EgejskaMakedonia
          • Jan 2010

In all fairness, I think we should look in our own backyard before we start labelling other countries as 'Middle Eastern' in appearance, assuming that Albanians can be categorised as such.

Comment

• momce
            Banned
            • Oct 2012

hmmm i dont think its nonsense just my experience

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
              • Jan 2009

Code:
              http://www.helleniccomserve.com/tsiotsiasopednotlikethegreeks.html
              Another typical malakas who can't stand the truth and needs to make piss poor claims. I have a feeling a book can be written on this topic lol.

Not Like the Greeks

an Op-Ed by Dr. Tim Tsiotsias

I am tired of hearing the phrase, "not like the Greeks," uttered over and over again on television talk shows, radio shows, and in newspaper editorials. There was even a billboard on I-95 expressing this same message. While I realize that they are referring to Greece's current debt crisis, it's time we said, "enough is enough." Greeks are a proud people with an amazing history. We understand that they are having financial problems. However, to now improperly label the country of Greece or the Greek people as a "debt crisis" would be a travesty to their good name.

Greek civilization has given numerous advancements to the world. The American democracy, like all of the world's democratic countries, has its roots in ancient Greece. Philosophers like Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and Democritus, who lived more than 3000 years ago, are still admired and studied today. Greek architecture has inspired buildings since antiquity, and continues to exert its influence through modern times. The structures that represent the United States to the rest of the world, like the Capitol Building and Lincoln Memorial, are modeled after Greek architecture. The "Father of Medicine," Hippocrates, changed how medicine is practiced to this day. The advances made by Dr. Papanicolaou, creator of the Pap smear, save countless lives through the early detection of cervical cancer in women. The great mathematician, Archimedes, is still considered to be one of the greatest mathematicians, not of ancient time, but of all time. Pythagoreans' equations are still taught in high schools throughout the world.

The Greeks discovered the earth was round two thousand years before Galileo or Columbus. The ancient Greeks even discovered the diameter of the earth and distance between the earth, sun, and moon. They had theorized the structure of atoms without the use of advanced microscopes. The Greeks have, in the past and in the present, given much to our society that now depicts them so unfavorably.

The Greek Spartan soldiers of the famed "300," who stood against a force of over 300,000 Persians are still admitted and revered today. Alexander the Great created an empire that crossed continents, bringing Greek civilization to the far corners of the globe. A small group of mountain fighters, outnumbered and under-prepared, stood against the Ottoman Empire to free Greece from nearly 400 years of Turkish slavery and oppression. Greece was an ally of the United States during two world wars. During WWII, an outnumbered and poorly equipped Greek army faced a modern and well equipped Italian-Axis army at its Northern borders, succeeding when all odds were against them. The Greeks gave the Allies their first victory in WWII against the Axis powers, leading Winston Churchill to proclaim that "Greeks don't fight like heroes but heroes fight like Greeks." The Greek soldiers distinguished themselves while fighting alongside the American army during the Korean War. The Greek people are not only strong on the battlefield but also strong in their commitments to other countries, bringing help when they need it most. After the earthquake in Haiti in 2010, Greece was one of the first to aid the earthquake victims. History has shown that the Greek people's willingness to overcome adversity and their willingness to keep fighting to save their nation from their economic troubles.

Greece's economic problems have many, complex reasons for happening. It is an accumulation of years of poor governmental policies, lack of growth, and new economic union--not the failure of the Greek people who struggle like everyone else to raise and feed their families. The Euro-zone is a relatively new system of governmental cooperation between European countries; unforeseen issues were bound to arise. Other countries in the EU also have struggling economies, such as Italy, Portugal, Spain and Ireland. Even our great country, the United States, has been fraught with banking and financial crises. Several US cities have declared bankruptcy. As a Greek-American, I am proud of our rich Greek Heritage. The Greek people have contributed to the advancement of mankind throughout history. The Greek people have overcome many difficulties in the past and will succeed again in overcoming their present crisis. The Greek people are innovators, thinkers, fighters, humanitarians and most of all, human beings, capable of mistakes, but also capable of great successes. Regardless of Greece's economic future, we should be saying, "We want to be like the Greeks."

Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

• Risto the Great
                • Sep 2008

I want to be like the Greeks.
                Barely work and demand assistance as a right!
                Yes, gimme more.
                Risto the Great
                MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• George S.
                  • Aug 2009

It's the age old question of how you wish to go if you choose with a bang then you reap the glory but it's only shortlived ie a quick bang.If you chose to go with a whimper then it's the quiet ,gradual way to go.It is really agonizing & the rewards are long term if any.Greece has hit on both at the same time.You would think that they have got an identity crisis.THat is they can't work out who they really are.You look at the various names greece has had over the ages,achaia,romanoihellas,,etc but none to go with macedonia.It now wants to monopolise the name.So Also there is no way it will comprimise on the name.In essence greece is trying to reinvent itself all the time.I don't think apart from the easy life i don't want anything of greece it's all typical malakas.
                  Last edited by George S.; 12-21-2012, 05:52 PM. Reason: ed
                  "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                  GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                    • Oct 2008

TM
                    Thanks for posting this, it clearly demonstrates what is critically wrong with them down to their very core! Instead of acknowledging their mistakes, lies and deciet you have idiots like this writing articles about how good they are and how much good they have done for the entire world (most of it bullshit anyway) and how we should all want to be like Greeks. This is the worst case of "denial" perpetrated on the rest of the world I have ever bared witness to! Until they wake up and admit their shortcomings and stand on their own 2 feet they will never move forward without someone holding their hands, wiping their arses or paying off their debts. God help all of us if we ever become"like Greeks", I'd rather die first!
                    On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• George S.
                      • Aug 2009

makedonche after reading your post you haven't made me want to join the greeks.Perhaps you could sweeten the deal by a couple boxes of ouzo,some baklava etc. A couple of greek islands & the aegean area.You might be lucky.You might get me as an honorary greek.
                      Last edited by George S.; 12-21-2012, 11:59 PM. Reason: eg
                      "Ido not want an uprising of people that would leave me at the first failure, I want revolution with citizens able to bear all the temptations to a prolonged struggle, what, because of the fierce political conditions, will be our guide or cattle to the slaughterhouse"
                      GOTSE DELCEV

Comment

• makedonche
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by George S. View Post
                        makedonche after reading your post you haven't made me want to join the greeks.Perhaps you could sweeten the deal by a couple boxes of ouzo,some baklava etc. A couple of greek islands & the aegean area.You might be lucky.You might get me as an honorary greek.
                        GeorgeS
                        Hahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jeez u are cheap, is that all it takes to turn you into a honorary greek!
                        On Delchev's sarcophagus you can read the following inscription: "We swear the future generations to bury these sacred bones in the capital of Independent Macedonia. August 1923 Illinden"

Comment

• momce
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2012

oh these greece are full of shit long live free Macedonia...they are a clinical case study
                          Last edited by momce; 12-23-2012, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Bill77
                            • Oct 2009

Here is a good one. A private message i just received which i don't think it should remain private, it has no reason to be. This comedy should become public for the world to see how hysterical these Greeks are. I also don't know why kaka did not address this on the public forum ????
                            We don't bite.

Kaka

I have never heard and i mean it, NEVER, no educated man who has graduate Elementary school, has made a claim that the Greeks were black. Most scholars actually believe Greeks were White just like the Greeks of today who are also white. African features are very strong and it would have shown on their people and art today, but it doesn't!

Greeks is the first organized in society group of Europe and well accepted by British-German-French-Russian (every European nation) that Greece is the mother of the continent of Europe!
                            Greece is worldwide known, by every educated human being which has basic knowledge, that gave birth to western Culture and civilization !

Greeks are considered the Mother of the Caucasian race according to most scholars and their art and sculptures clearly show WHITE features. Most of their art shows WHITE people and not enough evidence of African features. If you ever visit Greece and see all the statues and stuff they all picture Caucasian men and women. The argument of Them having black ancestors can be said for very single human on this earth if you want to go that route, since all humans such as yourself came from Africa....if you want to go that far.
                            I will deal with this comedy on the public forum later.
                            http://www.macedoniantruth.org/forum/showthread.php?p=120873#post120873

Comment

• Risto the Great
                              • Sep 2008

Dear Kaka, I am a black man trapped in a Macedonian's body. Can't we all just get along? Give me a hug.
                              Risto the Great
                              MACEDONIA:ANHEDONIA
                              "Holding my breath for the revolution."

Hey, I wrote a bestseller. Check it out: www.ren-shen.com

Comment

• TrueMacedonian
                                • Jan 2009

I laughed my ass off reading this

Stealing Greece From the Greeks
                                Evaggelos Vallianatos.
                                Adjunct professor of environmental analysis, Pitzer College

Greece set the foundations of our civilization primarily because of her legacy of knowledge.

Homer, Plato, Aristotle and Archimedes, and a galaxy of other thinkers spanning more than a thousand years, wrote books full of facts and questions about society, the natural world and the cosmos.

Greek books of mathematics, science, medicine, engineering and philosophy opened the eyes of the humanists in early modern times, triggering a revolution in thought that made our "modern" world.

If this Greek contribution to civilization seems at odds with the plight of the Greeks in 2013, the explanation comes from history.

The Greeks thrived not merely because, like Plato said, reason was their king. Their other pillar was religion. They sought spiritual sustenance in many gods like Zeus, Poseidon, Apollo, Hephaestus, Athena and Demeter.

These gods were immortal beings out of society and the cosmos. Zeus was the god of thunder, lightening, and rain. He was also the god of hospitality and justice. His daughter, Athena, was the goddess of knowledge and wisdom -- and of the olive tree. Athena's mother, Metis, was the goddess of intelligence. Poseidon reigned in the seas. Hephaestus was fire, metallurgy and technology. Apollo was light, music and prophecy. His oracle at Delphi was the central strategic policy institute of Greece. Demeter, sister of Zeus, was wheat and rural culture. Another god, Dionysus, was wine and the tragic theater. The life of Athens was basically the celebration of Dionysus.

The Greeks honored their gods with masterpieces of art, literature, theater, and architecture. The Parthenon was dedicated to Athena. The Olympics was a hymn to Zeus.

The Greeks also decoded the cosmos in order to understand the movements of the Earth, the sun, the moon and the planets, which were also gods. Indeed, they invented the world's first computer, the Antikythera mechanism, to predict the eclipses of the sun and the moon.

All this broke down in the fourth century. By that time, Greece was a province of Rome. The Roman emperor Constantine raised Christianity to the throne. Christianity then smashed the Greek temples, abolished the Olympics, and forcibly spread its ideas in Greece. But not all Greeks abandoned their culture. Indeed, key Greek texts remained the textbooks of the Greek schools.

When Greek books lit up the Renaissance in the 15th century, hordes of Muslim Turks overran Greece.

In the 1820s, Greece got rid of the Turks and has been free ever since. ( the West ultimately won the day but this is a typical malakas)

The Europeans resent the living Greeks, however. They want to have a monopoly of the Greek legacy. They and the Americans stock their museums with art they continue to plunder from their "archaeological" excavations in Greece.

In general, the West ignores the Greeks, usually treating their country like a colony. When the Greeks won the first victory in WWII, the Western allies quickly forgot it. And after the war ended, Greece got practically nothing from the Germans who leveled Greece and murdered tens of thousands of Greeks.

Then the American-triggered financial meltdown of 2008 struck. This time rapacious moneylenders joined the West's contempt for Greece and ignited another occupation of the country.

The occupiers formed a troika made up of America's International Monetary Fund and Europe's Central Bank as well as the European Commission. These bankers terrorized the Greek government. They put aside Greek sovereignty, thus violating Greek and international law and all standards of decency and civilization. They imposed such an inhumane "austerity" on the Greeks that, within three years, 2009-2012, they spread homelessness, hunger, and destitution all over the country.

So this is why the Greeks in 2013 appear to be so far removed from their ancestors. The financiers of the West, barbarians in pin-stripped suits, are trying to steal Greece from the Greeks. First of all, they ordered the Greek government to sell all its assets at bargain-basement prices.

For example, the Greek government sold a gold mine near Thessaloniki in northern Greece to the Canadian Eldorado Gold Corporation. But the Greeks rejected that sellout. Protesters recently burned the mine down. If and when such a colonial deal materializes, the Eldorado Company will devour forests and groundwater, and will contaminate the region with poisons, injuring public health, fishing, and tourism.

Second, the troika sees sun-drenched Greece as a perfect track of land for condominiums and tourism. Forget Homer. Who cares for Aristotle and Archimedes?

Aeschylus, the fifth century BCE Athenian poet, predicted Erinyes, the avenging furies, stalk men like the moneylenders, grinding them down to death.

I would also hope patriotic Greeks and philhellenes rush to prevent this occupation of Greece from becoming final. They need to kick the troika out of the country. Clearly, the IMF and the European Union are a façade for moneylenders. What they did to Greece assures their oblivion. This is particularly true for the EU.

Greeks must return to their own currency and terminate payments to the lenders. They need to restart their independence by producing all their food. Create public works to raise hope and income. And invest in knowledge, an asset of Greece from the ancient times to today.
                                Slayer Of The Modern "greek" Myth!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X